Here at West Sussex County Council, what we do changes lives. We are there when people are born and care for them in later life; along the way we support them in every step.
That might be in our schools, through our social care services, supporting and growing the economy in a sustainable way, providing libraries, saving lives with our Fire and Rescue service, providing Trading Standards, maintaining highways and much more.
We aim to be a forward thinking, progressive organisation, with a highly motivated and dedicated team of people who are passionate about delivering valued services and making a positive difference to the lives of our residents.
Job title: Head of People & Organisational Development
Salary: £54,461 to £57,367 per annum
Contract type: Permanent position
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Location: County Hall, Chichester
Application closing date: 22nd March
Interview date: TBC
It's an exciting time to join West Sussex's Fire and Rescue Service. We are currently recruiting to the role of Head of People & Organisational Development. As part of this role you will be responsible for leading a team of professionals to deliver people and organisational development strategies, initiatives, interventions and training across the Fire and Rescue Service, working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure outcomes are embedded within the workplace and in service delivery.
You will play a key part in the organisational development of West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service capturing the values that we strive to deliver as an organisation. As a role model for our values and cultural aspirations you will work in a strategic and operational capacity, leading on the following areas of people and organisational development activity:
- Leadership and management development and effectiveness
- Employee engagement
- Performance management
- Diversity and inclusion
- Health and well being
- Transnational people support services
- Operational training
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Experience of leading and managing teams of HR/OD/L&D professionals.
- Demonstrable experience of applying specialist knowledge and providing detailed advice in relation to people and organisational development.
- Experience of designing and delivery training programmes.
- You will have a proven ability to lead teams of people specialists to deliver organisational objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal credibly with employees, managers and stakeholders
- You will work proactively and think creatively in order to deliver desired outcomes effectively, efficiently and within time frames and budgets.
- 29 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on the 'Apply for job' button at the bottom of the page in order to submit your application. We look forward to receiving your application and wish you the very best of luck.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'