A market leading Wealth Management firm have given me the pleasure of filling their Head of Paraplanning vacancy, and I'm sure there's the perfect one out there!
Here's some information on the company and role.
Over the past few years, the firm has grown rapidly based on acquisition of client banks from IFAs looking to exit the industry largely as a result of the impact of the Retail Distribution Review (RDR). Having acquired a substantial number of new clients we are now seeking to appoint a talented and highly motivated individual to lead the internal client service team. This is a new appointment as such the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make their own mark on the role.
Given the importance of the role we are seeking an outstanding candidate who should be a minimum of Diploma qualified. In addition to providing day-to-day paraplanning support to our team of Financial Advisers, they will lead the client services team This team is expected to grow rapidly over the next 2 - 3 years.
The role is well suited to a professional and highly organised individual who is happy to work in a team environment. The successful individual will have a detailed understanding of the providers and products available in the financial services market as well as the level of broader technical knowledge expected of someone at Diploma level. Previous experience of managing people is desirable but this would not be a constraint for the right candidate. The individual would be a role model to more junior back office staff and would be expected to train them with the aim that more would achieve relevant professional qualifications. The ability to develop and improve the existing back office processes would also be important.
Requirements of the role:
- Researching products and portfolios for advisers and their clients.
- Keeping up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace.
- Liaising with clients as required by e-mail phone or face to face as required.
- Completing and submitting documentation to providers and chasing these through to completion.
- Producing full suitability reports for advisers based on the client’s needs, objectives and attitude to risk.
- Producing reports to support client reviews.
- Helping to establish a quarterly product and investment committee.
- Managing, developing and training the client service team.
- Contributing to the development and improvement of back office processes.
- Complying at all times with the Compliance and Training and Competence Procedures of the firm.
- Complying at all times with relevant data protection and money laundering regulations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma level qualification (consideration may be given to candidates at QCF Level 3 who is studying for Diploma).
- Extensive knowledge of financial services products and the FCA regulatory regime.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable and happy working in team based environment.
- A desire to gain or increase knowledge of financial services through taking relevant qualifications.
- Capable of delivering against a detailed set of production and compliance targets.
- Prior experience of training and managing other people.
- An understanding of the Intelligent Office back office system.
- Familiarity with modern Wraps and in particular AXA Elevate.
- Familiarity with tools such as Selectapension, Paraplanning online, Avelo and Financial Express Analytics.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"