Schneider-Electric is a global technology, software and consulting organisation leading significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimisation, business operations and enterprise performance. We do this by helping our customers to take advantage of manufacturing and business operations. Our solutions help to automate plants and facilities and allow a wide range of personnel to receive and respond to changes in conditions more quickly and effectively, and thereby keep their operations running efficiently and safely.
· Manage and lead the Major Projects organisation within the PA line of business within Industry Business unit within Schneider-Electric
· Engagement with Schneider-Electric senior leaders to provide regular updates on all Major Project activities – pursuits & projects
· May assume short term responsibility (where required) for parts of the Delivery project business,
· Collaborates with the sales pursuit team for major pursuits through all aspects of the bid/proposal phase, ensuring a cost optimised, risk managed proposal according to internal processes
· For pursuits as defined within current DOA assumes responsibility for the Solution Risk Management (SRM) role, supporting the approval processes
· Identifies financial risks at both the pursuit and project phases and ensures adequate provisions where required.Represents MPO in presenting this material to senior management for approval
· With support of legal/contracts & Supply Chain ensures a robust contractual position is maintainedwith both client and sub-contractors
· Supports and over sees portfolio of large global projects greater than €10M.Assists in the development of risk mitigation plans to ensure success of the projects. Involvement begins during the proposal and sales phases with full transition of responsibility upon contractual agreement with the client.
· Through a team of Project Directors, Provides support & guidance to the project team for the major projects in all aspects of project management including client engagement and satisfaction, financial performance and KPI measurement in coordination with regional Delivery leadership.
· Supports Project leader for executive engagement between Schneider-Electric senior leaders and the client, ensuring key stakeholders are continuously informed and engaged in relationship building meetings.
· Ensures through team of Delivery Directors, the overall resource planning of major projects over the project lifetime is adequate.
· In partnership with supply chain, identifies opportunities to reduce project costs and maximize gross margins during both proposal & project execution phases
· Facilitates the control and monitoring of scope management and change orders in case of project expansion or delays.
· Over sees the engagement with regional, and project team to lead MPO project reviews, to understand and assess project forecasts, financial impact of Risks, and the adequateness of Risk and Contingencies held
· Ensures quality assurance procedures are followed for all practice engagements to deliver on best quality to the client
· Develops and implements strategic objectives for the delivery practice that are aligned with the company strategic initiatives.
· Minimum 20 years Global project execution experience preferably within an EPC (Engineer ProcurementContractor), systems supplier or PMC (Program Management Contractor) environment.
· Project Manager/Project Director/Operations Manager experience running multiple, high value (>$100m) projects.
· Specific experience within I&C (Instrumentation & Control) or I&E (Instrumentation & Electrical) disciplines with full MAC / MEC (Main Automation/Electrical Contractor) scope execution essential.
· Multi-regional execution of complex global projects experience required.
· Demonstrated discipline, governance, strategy development and planning for global major projects.
· Specific experience of global nuclear or oil & gas or conventional power projects preferred,
· Business development or sales experience in major projects pursuits preferred.
· Pre-FEED (Front End Engineering Design), FEED, and Project execution in multiple global locations experience required.
· Developed high level Executive relationships within client environment.
· Drive and ability to move the needle on strategy and vision to be number one player in global major end user & EPC projects.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND ORGANISATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures accurate reporting of profit and loss figures.
· Works closely with the project controller & regional finance team
· Ensures consolidation and analyses of profitability, revenue, margins, POC rates and utilisation across practice.
· Helps create pipeline forecasts of the change orders and broad-based financial picture for practice.
· Identifies and helps resolves all billing and receivables issues.
· Ensures engineering practice meets or exceeds budgeted financial objectives, including revenue and margin.
· Ensures that revenue and other financial goals are achieved.
· Ensures the accurately forecasting of revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilisation. Supports the negotiation of contract pricing when necessary.
· Provides leadership and guidance in all aspects of the sales cycle.
· Takes a lead role in monitoring the identification and development of strategic accounts.
· Drives a cost optimised, technically sound &risk managed approach
· Involves, as appropriate, the sales team in order to achieve sales goals.
· May manage business development on a strategic planning for major projects in collaboration with VP Global Pursuits
· Grows long-term relationships with clients and capitalises on equity and partnership opportunities
· Ensures the team is well informed, at all times, of changes and news worthy events within the company.
· Effectively communicates relevant information to senior leaders.
· Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
· Promotes SE through speaking engagements at industry conferences and involvement in local business organisations.
· Has domain knowledge of key offerings
· Evaluates and redesigns engineering practice offerings.· Understands the implications of different technical choices and is able to guide our