Reporting directly to the Group Chairman and working closely with the Chief Operating Officer, you will act as the in-house legal advisor to the Group. You will be charged with ensuring that the Tangerine Group acts in an appropriate and legal way in all the markets that they operate at all times.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to: -
- Provide legal advice to the Chairman and other members of the Senior Management Team as required.
- Support, advise and guide employees of the Group generally on legal matters.
- Ensure that all agreements and or contracts that are entered into on behalf of the Group are legally sound and protect the company and its employees at all times.
- Drafting, reviewing and revising contract documentation ensuring it complies with current law.
Trademarks and Regulatory Issues
- Work closely with the Head of Regulatory Affairs to maintain and update trade mark applications and registrations in conjunction with the external trademark solicitors.
- Advise upon regulatory issues.
Distribution and Agency Agreements
- Annually review the Group’s Distribution Agreements to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation and are protecting the Group at all times.
- Prepare compliance/cancellation notices as requested.
- Draft Distribution Agreements as required.
- Prepare all Agency Agreements for the UK and Ireland keeping all originals on file in hard copy at Head Office.
- Assist the HR Department in disciplinary and performance procedures.
- Ensure all Offer Letters and Contracts of Employment are up to date at all times.
- Carry out an annual employment contract audit.
- Ensure that the HR Department is compliant with all relevant legislation.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR review and update the Company Handbook on an annual basis.
External Legal Providers/Litigation
- Appoint and manage external legal providers where required.
- Manage all 'in house’ court proceedings
- Negotiate fees with external legal providers keeping costs to an absolute minimum.
- Act as the point of contact between external legal providers and Group employees.
- Assist externally appointed solicitors in conducting litigation, to include gathering evidence, drafting witness statements and approving pleadings.
- Liaise with insurers in the event of insurance conducted litigation.
- Provide legal training to relevant Group employees.
- Undertake Continuing Professional Development points as required by the General Council of the Bar of England and Wales or the Law Society.
- Attend regular training in order to ensure a continued knowledge of legal changes relevant to the Group.
- Provide a quarterly update to the SMT of legal issues within the Group.
- Highly competent and fully qualified solicitor or barrister.
- Previous company in-house experience would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, communication and IT skills.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- The ability to deal with highly confidential material in a reliable, honest and discreet manner.
- Well-constructed negotiation skills.
- The ability to identify key issues and present advice in a precise and understandable manner.
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the Group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products.
We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!
- Legal Advice