Head of Foundry - Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with a leading UK manufacturer to recruit a Head of Foundry to join their team based in Suffolk, East of England on a permanent full-time basis. They manufacture high specification alloy investment and sand castings, supporting global customer with an end-to-end single service solution.
As a Head of Foundry, your responsibilities are to be an ambitious and passionate foundry lead wanting to take responsibility. You will own and develop a strategic plan for people, plant and process through the foundry and subsidiary processes. This is an exciting role within a developing foundry, with a growing customer base on an upward growth trajectory.
Other Key responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility for delivery of a casting from order receipt to delivery to customer (internal or external)
• Overarching Responsibility of Pattern Shop, Repliwax, Foundry, Fettling and Upgrade (Welding)
• Improve workflow, processes and procedures.
• Interaction with technical department and customer service related to manufacturing activities and customer requirements.
• Implementation of and follow operational standards and procedures.
• Technical Development through all sub-departments.
• New Plant ROI.
• Method Sheets / Standardised processes for cut-off.
• Planning Strategy.
• People Development, Apprentices and key skill succession planning.
• Further integration and development of 3D technology (printing).
• Meeting agreed target KPIs and management of efficient working hours.
• Work in collaboration with Head of Machining to ensure smooth transition of product through to internal customers.
Skills and Attributes:
• Foundry experience, technical qualification is desirable (Degree or equivalent preferable)
• Strong Leadership & people management skills
• Strong ability to communicate and coordinate a large spread team of people
This is a full-time permanent role. In return, we are offering a very competitive salary up (depending on experience) and full relocation package for the right candidate.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: foundry, castings, production supervisor, Manufacturing Manager, engineering, fettling, welding, management, manager
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.
- Manufacturing Manager
- production supervisor
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'