Head of Finance (Commercial)
Manchester City Centre
£75,000 - £80,000, excellent benefits
With a capital investment programme of c£1.5bn over the next five years, including several very high-profile projects to deliver in Manchester, the successful candidate will provide commercial expertise to support investment decisions and the delivery of strategic projects. The role will involve a high degree of Business Partnering within Finance, non-Finance as well as numerous external stakeholders.
The role scope is broad and will involve the following:
- Development of Investment Models - including identification of financing and structural options to support investment decisions;
- Commercial Finance expertise - supporting the creation and review of capital funding bids;
- Robust challenge and assessment of commercial proposals, working directly with stakeholders with high profile and complex investment projects;
- Deliver effective financial management, advice and support to ensure integrated financial activity
- Lead and drive service improvement and reform across financial management;
- Lead in the streamlining and improvement of financial business processes;
- Lead the accountability for the management of the investment portfolio;
- Lead on specific ad hoc projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have gained excellent commercial experience in a transaction environment - either Corporate Finance, Investment, Transaction Services, Corporate Restructuring or an M&A role in industry. You will have first class communication skills with experience interacting with a number of different (often very senior) stakeholders.