Head of Customer Experience - (Transfers)
At Rentalcars, we’re on a mission to help people discover and do more. Putting the customer back in control, giving them maximum choice, great value, total transparency, and customer service that really cares.
Today, there are three members of the family.
Rentalcars.com: The world’s biggest online car rental service, with over 1,500 colleagues speaking 42 languages, empowering travellers at 50,000+ locations worldwide.
Rideways: Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B, in pre-booked taxis and chauffeur-driven cars.
Rentalcars Connect: Bringing the magic of Rentalcars.com and Rideways to partners’ sites, so customers enjoy a seamless booking experience through brands they already know and love.
We’re part of The Priceline Group, the world leader in online travel and related services, along with Booking.com, priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable.
As a multi-skilled group of over 80 people, working in a fast-paced, "start-up" environment Rideways enjoys all the upsides of being part of a bigger business, but with the speed and autonomy of an independent, growth-stage entity. We’re looking to appoint a Head of Customer Experience reporting to our Head of site in Manchester. This candidate needs to be "at home" with innovative approaches which drive customer retention through the right service delivery mechanisms and an unparalleled focus on customer satisfaction.
You’ll have exponential experience in contact centre ops with a proven track record as a senior leader, able to develop/manage a large FTE department. This role will involve regular travel to meet with potential suppliers/existing partners (2018 plans are exciting & unapologetically ambitious) so "supplier relationship" know-how matters.
- Lead, motivate and retain ownership for your department’s performance via your service strategy which ensures the highest standard of customer care.
- Achieve operational excellence and drive process improvement in our service level agreements (SLAs) for all processing activities.
- Create a high satisfaction, customer centric environment & ethos.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure customer experience is seamless and the processes/systems used across the department are effective.
- Collaborate with our Product / Engineering teams to drive insight and target the right technology / automation to aid in pursuit of delivering the best customer experience.
- Proactively support the Customer Contact Managers to maximize the delivery of their Team members.
- Champion data/insights along with providing the rest of the organisation a clear view of the "voice of the customer" to enable continual business/product refinement.
You will have
- Proven experience as an Operations Head leading a large customer operation within an e-commerce environment
- Leadership skills (proven coaching expertise) that are second to none with a first class, relentless "can do" outlook.
- A prior track record of successfully scaling an operation up to match commensurate demand/growth.
- Experience driving improvement, updating processes and driving out waste.
- A highly analytical head for figures and demonstrable service acumen.
- Know-how of managing teams within a contact centre environment and complete understanding of delivery of omni-channel customer mechanics.
- Project/transformation experience (advantageous.)
- A good knowledge of employment law and HR policies and procedures.
- A Degree or equivalent.
- Superb knowledge of/experience in the travel industry.
- Customer Service
- Product Development
- Senior Management
- Operational Excellence
- Supplier Negotiation