Board Level Appointment
Excellent salary bonus and incentives & benefits
Our client is a new lender funded by a major bank. We are seeking a senior credit risk specialist experienced in fast moving "flow" asset finance to head up the Credit Risk Function. This a unique opportunity to advance to a board level appointment.
o Heading up credit and responsible for policies and procedures
o Responsible for maintaining processes, policies and procedures to identify and manage risk in the AF Group business.
o Responsible for managing significant risks to the banks customers, reputation, assets and the interests of stakeholders.
o To strengthen credit risk management function including underwriting new business opportunities within mandate and contribute to the underwriting process for larger value proposals and credit
o Undertake initial and continuing risk assessment for asset-based lending exposures
o To manage Credit Risk - Asset Finance in the planning, designing and implementation of overall risk management process
o Risk assessment; analysing upside and downside risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the quantitative and qualitative risks affecting the business
o Risk evaluation; comparing estimated risks with risk criteria
o Risk reporting, including corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders including large exposures, arrears bad debts and provisioning, exception & credit quality assurance reporting.
o Conducting audits of risk and credit policies, including liaison with internal and external audiences;
o Providing support, education and training to staff on risk
o Report all issues of regulatory concern to the Board
* Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, Power-Point)
* Knowledge of TCF
* A strong understanding of systems and processes for business and modelling experience (Excel)
* A strong understanding of statutory and management accounts
* The role involves direction of asset-based recoveries in England and Scotland and a knowledge of the legal framework for recoveries in these areas is an additional advantage but is not essential
* Knowledge of DPA and other relevant regulatory frameworks (CCA, CCD) an advantage but, again, not essential
* Adaptable & Flexible
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
* Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Accuracy & Attention to detail
* Professional, well presented
* Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
* Customer Focused and commercial approach
If this role is for you, please email your CV to
- credit risk
- asset finance
- head of credit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job