Head of Business Development. Trade Association. Central London. Up to £55k basic salary with on OTE of £70k. Full Time Permanent role.
A stunning opportunity to join the team of very well respected and innovative Trade Association based in central London. Our client seeks a very capable individual with experience and flair for working with and influencing senior stakeholders from various different business sectors. The role carries a very attractive commission structure which will reward good performance very competitively. If you have experience in developing membership business and want to be beteer rewarded for your efforts this is the role for you.
Our client has strong member representation across a broad range of markets and strives to be at the forefront of thinking about the key commercial, policy and regulatory factors shaping the sector. They provide industry leadership across private and public sector programmes representing organisations across global corporates, SMEs and start-ups.
The Head of Business Development (HBD) is responsible for leading the creation, execution and successful delivery of our new member recruitment targets and will work closely with our programme delivery teams to sell the organisations programmes and services to prospective members.
Fundamental to the role is the ability to quickly get to grips with complex issues; put them into a wider context and determine how best to sell the value of the membership proposition to prospects.
The person appointed will show capability and potential to build on a strong foundation of solid programmes, strong member engagement, and good external reputation and stakeholder relationships.
This role requires someone who has the communication skills, confidence and drive to grow their own profile and that of the organisation as a whole. This is a hands on role and you will be expected to create, manage and close your own pipeline of sales opportunities as a key part of the role.
The role is target driven, working towards monthly, quarterly and annual fiscal targets. The role has line manager responsibility for a Business Development Executive (BDE). The HBD will be expected to efficiently and effectively allocate tasks and responsibilities between the HBD and BDE to ensure the delivery of the best financial results with the available resource.
This is a full-time role and reports to the Director - Market Engagement and Membership
• Strategy Development and Plan Implementation: Develop a strategy that allows us to reach potential members, matching our value proposition with their business objectives. Work with marketing in developing campaign and communication plans that engage prospects. Prepare a pitch plan that can be tailored to individual prospects. Utilise our CRM system to manage message delivery, follow ups and timely engagement. Identify shortfalls versus targets and propose solutions to address.
• Collaboration and Sales Leadership: Working with the Directors, Heads of Programmes and Business Services teams identify prospects by programme and build approaches for large, medium and small member prospecting, utilising personalised value proposition development.
• Prospecting: Manage prospecting activities, identifying sales targets in line with private and public sector programmes. Build an activity planner covering identification, approach, contact, meetings, proposals and closure.
• Pipeline management and Reporting: Develop and maintain weekly CRM records that are searchable and usable from a dynamic ongoing prospecting perspective. Produce weekly and monthly sales reports detailing activity progress and monthly, quarterly and fiscal sales achievement forecasts.
• Representation: Attend industry events, conferences (locally and nationally) to build contacts and networks and promote the value proposition to prospective new members.
• Ability to generate sales leads and a sales pipeline/ funnel.
• Output oriented with a track record of delivery.
• Numerate, comfortable working with and analysing data.
• A strong team player, committed to helping colleagues achieve their goals.
• Ability to work quickly to deadline delivering high quality outputs.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. The individual must have the ability to craft insightful sales pitches and proposals for qualitative and quantitative sales projects.
• Strong personal and professional integrity required to develop and maintain trust and represent the sector.
• Capability to use the tools and technologies the organisation provides, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, CRM, Social Media, Web tools and remote access software.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Strong and demonstrable sales execution experience.
- Experience of working in high performance sales environments
- Experience in sales planning, reporting and measurement
- A knowledge of, and interest in, the technology sector
- Experience of managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and comfortable working with senior individuals in Industry and within government.
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the technology industry landscape and the positioning and role of trade bodies.