Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf and Spa is looking for an experienced Head Housekeeper to join their team on a full time basis.
Working as part of the Housekeeping Team and reporting to the Facilities Manager; the successful candidate will manage the Housekeeping team, they will need to be exceptionally well organised and have the ability to multi-task, delegate and work as part of a team.
This is a hands on role that would also include assisting the Public Cleaning Supervisor, when required. This role would suit a motivated individual who has a positive outlook and natural interest in learning new skills and being organised. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Head Housekeeper or Supervisor who is looking to develop as part our internal development and succession program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Achieving departmental profit by managing costs and wages.
- Monitor departmental forecasts and set rotas to ensure they are in line with budgets and business needs.
- Consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints.
- Maintain an effective and secure guest property lost/found system.
- Set high standards of cleaning in order to exceed guest expectation.
- Monitor staff uniform, absence and conduct thorough performance reviews and departmental meetings.
- Manage departmental recruitment, retention and workforce planning.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation for you and your team.
- To ensure all standard checklists are implemented, used as prescribed and are achieved in all areas.
- To ensure the cleanliness and checking of guests’ accommodation is carried out efficiently and that it is clean according to the Standards
- To report any maintenance faults via Helpdesk, and follow up to ensure that the faults are rectified.
- Inspecting rooms to make sure that standards have been met.
- To liaise closely with Reception with regard to daily room status and ensure the correct and most efficient allocation of rooms takes place.
Qualifications or desired skills
- Experience in Managing/Supervising a Housekeeping team.
- Experience with working within budgets and controlling costs.
- Golf Club / Hotel / Resort experience preferred but not essential
- Experience working with a POS & FOH system
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Clear, distinct briefing and delegation skills
- Have the ability to work alone and as part of a team
- The desire for knowledge and developing one’s self and team.
- Appraisal and development experience
Additional Information -As part of the Housekeeping Team you will be expected to work five days from seven, including weekends. This role offers a competitive salary as well as additional employee benefits. When applying please also give details of present salary and salary expectations. Due to our location, having your own transport is essential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'