Graduate Software Tester
We have an excellent opportunity for a Software Test to Join Internal IT systems team, who requires an additional software tester specialising in testing applications across a variety of platforms. You will have a commitment to quality and will relish finding defects in software and solutions. Experience of working in an Agile development environment, working collaboratively with other team members including developers and systems analysts is desirable, as is delivering to deadlines, with attention to detail and a willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced environment
You will be required to work with the Change Management & Project functions to plan and execute testing of developments throughout the development lifecycle. As well as providing thorough regression and UAT testing across various development environments you will provide feedback and recommendations for planning purposes to the Development Team Leader, Business Analysts and Project Managers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with production of test documentation (test plans and test scripts)
- Perform quality testing (sprint/exploratory/regression/user interface/smoke) on projects and issues to agreed processes and timescales.
- Report on defects and manage them through to successful resolution.
- Collaborate with other team members and business stakeholders to ensure clarity of requirements and acceptance of completed work.
- Reporting test progress to the Change Coordinator / Project Manager, communicating effectively and escalating where appropriate.
- Supporting on any other ad hoc projects
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Some requirements engineering skills and knowledge
- An understanding of Agile (Scrum) and linear (Waterfall) project methodologies
- Some previous testing experience
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- A genuine interest in quality assurance and testing
- The ability to write and develop clear and concise reports
- Highly organised and have excellent attention to detail.
- Possess a positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Good English written and spoken
- Ability to work well within a team and on own initiative
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job