Summary of Junior Customs Assistant
The purpose of this role is to provide emergency cover at the end of the Brexit transition period. The successful candidate will assist the customs team in ensuring customs declarations are made at the right time to minimise potential delays to stock and samples. This role will be extremely fast paced and they require the successful candidate to be a quick learner to provide efficient support.
This role may suit a graduate with one/two year’s experience looking to progress within a customs environment or an administrator who has worked within international trade.
Location - Chertsey
Salary - £14.61 per hour
6 month’s contract
Responsibilities of Junior Customs Assistant
• Submission of data to agents to allow the correct clearance of goods
• Issuing of customs clearance instructions to couriers and clearing agents (non-stock items) in a timely manner
• Management of customs records
• Involvement with the reconciliation of the duty deferment account and posting of duty and import VAT in SAP
• Checking of preference declarations received for accuracy
• Identifying errors made by appointed clearing agents (over / under payments of Duty & VAT) and requesting post-clearance amendments to be completed where necessary
• Creation and submission of amendments to the appropriate authority
• Assistance with the management of outsourced customs services
Key competencies of Junior Customs Assistant
• A self-starter with a proactive approach to work
• Attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work quickly
• Enthusiasm to be able to learn quickly
• A team player
• Highly literate in MSWord & Excel
• A background in customs and international trade would be advantageous
• An understanding of ERP systems such as SAP would be beneficial but not essential
Benefits: Bonus scheme, staff discounts, 25 days holiday (after AWR), staff restaurant and onsite parking
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'