Global Process Owner - Major Incident & Problem Management
London, EC3A 3BP
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
The purpose of this role is to define the goals, and the strategy for Major Incident & Problem Management; aligning to and supporting the overall QBE IT strategy. The Global Process Owner role is expected to be the recognised expert in their discipline. Responsible for driving process adoption and compliance, gathering and filtering all amendment and enhancement requests along with ensuring the appropriate governance process is followed
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop the Major Incident and Problem Management strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders along with Major Incident and Problem Management resources/practitioners across the globe.
- Collaborate with other process owners to ensure an integrated approach between core ITSM processes
- Govern adherence to Major Incident and Problem Management process
- Monitor and manage effectiveness of the Major Incident and Problem management process
- Ensure the process practitioners have the necessary skills and experience to perform the role; working with the divisional ITSM Team Leads conduct TNA, perform gap analysis and assist with the creation of personal development plans
- Participate in ITSM process reviews; take ownership of all resultant actions/remediation activities
- Oversee periodic Major Incident and Problem Management review activities (including conference bridges, Problem meetings, CAB etc)
- Develop and execute a global IT Stakeholder Communications Plan
- Embed a culture of Continual Improvement, inspiring Major Incident and Problem Management resources to identify and drive improvements across people, process, technology and partners that benefits delivery of services provided to stakeholders.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years IT Service Management experience in an operational environment
- Minimum of 2 years experienceMajor Incident and Problem Management experience.
- Experience operating Major Incident and Problem Management with an enterprise software tool, e.g. ServiceNow (preferred), BMC Remedy.
- ITIL Expert
- Capability to lead, motivate and challenge a professional team to deliver on the objectives of the function and to continue to develop their skills and competencies along IT industry best practice
- Facilitate discussions and manage and resolve conflict to reconcile differences among others and between self and others
- Adapt and be flexible in a complex changing environment
- Share knowledge and educate others
- Degree in IT, Engineering or MIS or a business degree with a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
- Service Management
- ITIL Certified
- Major Incident Management
- problem management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job