We are recruiting for a Global Category Lead with experience in indirect category management, including IT and Professional Services, gained in an FCA- regulated environment.
- Support the Head of Procurement in delivering the business's ambitious transformation plan.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your internal stakeholders
- Develop supplier relationships to ensure best value is delivered and unlocked from existing contracts; directly manage contract delivery.
- Implement category strategies to drive cost reduction across addressable spend in line with business targets.
- Lead RFx processes, draft and review contracts; work closely with the business and with the Legal and Finance teams.
- Maintain processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, audits and internal reviews.
- Manage a small team of buyers.
Required skills, experience and qualifications
Skills and experience
- Experience in Procurement and indirect category management
- RFx process and bid evaluation based on TCO model
- Good understanding of conducting procurement activities in an FCA-regulated environment
- Solid knowledge of contract law and contract drafting for different categories
- Cost savings techniques such as supplier rationalisation and value engineering.
- Sound business acumen
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team management
- Ability to represent Procurement and interact across all levels of the business
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience
- MCIPS or equivalent