Current vacancies at Montgomery Partner or Salaried GP – Full time, part time or job share.
“Surely a good work life balance is unattainable as a GP in the current climate?”
We are looking for a new GP to join our expanding rural practice in beautiful Mid-Wales. We consist of 4 partners (3.5WTE) and care for around 7400 patients over a 300sq mile area.
We are hoping to recruit in advance of possible future changes in the partnership, rather than recruiting to fill a vacant post.
We have recruited successfully twice in the last 5 years owing to our innovative approach to primary care and a work life balance that is unlikely to be rivaled in any/many other practices nationally.
We have a multidisciplinary team that allows the GPs to focus on fulfilling the roles that only they can do.
• You will work up to 160 days a year and these can be worked flexibly to accommodate a whole manner of other lifestyle and occupational commitments. If worked as a traditional full time GP working ‘8 sessions’ a week, this equates to 40 working weeks a year. The remaining time off is a mix of bank holidays, study and annual leave.
• All clinicians have 15 minute appointments.
• Nurse led triage and a team of Physician Associates means that we can run an ‘On Call’ GP day where the GP operates in a supervisory role for the acute team, rather than having their own booked appointments.
• The majority of home visiting and results processing is undertaken by Physicians Associates.
• On routine days, GPs have no requirement for home visits, result or post processing or medication queries.
• Our administration and dispensing team follow protocols designed to relieve much of the large administrative burden often faced by GPs.
• We have a substantial teaching portfolio currently including GP trainees, medical students from multiple universities and physician associate students. We consistently achieve excellent feedback from those placed with us.
• A full range of Enhanced Services which include Virtual Ward, Minor Injuries, Minor Surgery, Anticoagulation and many more. You will be able to use all of your skills and develop additional interests if you wish.
• A very busy and profitable dispensary catering for 85% of our population, achieving excellent profit margins.
• Nurse led triage has been in place for 10 years so that your GP skills will be fully utilised with much of the day to day work being done by our excellent nursing team.
• Excellent staff retention rates across the board
• The day-to-day management of the practice is via our management team consisting of our GP managing partner, General Manager and department leads. This relieves GP partners of much of the minutiae of running the practice.
• The practice finances are directly controlled by a Chartered Accountant with a special interest in GP finance. There is no property buy in required of new partners.
• Large purpose built premises, a hundred yards from the town centre but bordering farm land: The view from the majority of consulting rooms.
• Community teams are based within the Practice, which makes totally “joined-up” care.
• The practice works very closely with its neighbours, which form the North Powys Cluster.
• Out of Hours work is provided and available via ShropDoc.
• Exemplary QOF performance, now seeking to mirror this for QAIF.
• A research practice, always genuinely keen to innovate and we are always seeking ways to improve what we do.
We are very proud of our practice and we would love to discuss it more with you or even facilitate an informal visit prior to application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'