General Manager - Express Parcels
A new and exciting opportunity as a Depot General Manager has arisen to work for a growing Express Parcels company based in GRETNA
The site is of small size currently, with 20 staff including drivers and 12 delivery routes, delivering 1000 consignments a week. There is also a small customer service function on site.
The site currently is small, but there are plans in the future to grow this site and potentially move to a bigger site in the area, therefore it's a really good opportunity for the right person to come in establish themselves, develop the site and grow with the business.
The role to lead and manage all aspects of the service centre operation for the companies products ensuring achievement of budgeted and/or targeted service, cost and quality performance, and supporting budgeted revenue achievement.
Responsible and accountable for the effective management of all applicable resources for the location, including employed colleagues, third party subcontractors and owner drivers and premises, equipment and consumables, ensuring the most cost effective and high quality performance is delivered.
Drive and lead the change process to deliver a fully integrated service centre operation in line with the companies plans and projects in this regard.
Lead, manage, develop and motivate the managers and colleagues manning the physical operations.
Maximise the service, cost and quality performance of the service centre by continually exploring opportunities to align, combine or fully integrate the activities of employed and subcontracted resources in the facility.
- Ensure targets and KPI's are achieved, and where possible exceeded, through effective control, monitoring and review.
- Introduce and execute productivity improvement; promoting increased efficiencies and service and quality performance in the operation.
- Communicate, implement and maintain company policy and procedures throughout the site.
- Establish and deploy robust control mechanisms to facilitate all site spend in line with company procedure and agreed budgets.
- Develop and manage commercial relationships with customers and suppliers through the maintenance of service/product processes to deliver excellent customer service; promoting organic growth and reducing customer attrition.
- Participate in cross functional teams to identify and deploy pipeline improvements to underpin overall Company business objectives.
- Lead colleagues through change activity by deploying and implementing positive communication plans.
- Improve site and colleague standards through development, training, communication, fair and consistent implementation of discipline procedures.
- Create an environment of staff partnership through effective use of the Employee Partnership Representatives
- Implement and maintain Health and Safety and Security Policies.
- Ensure all colleagues understand all postal license and customer contractual security obligations.
- Ensure all colleagues and contractors or owner drivers comply with the appropriate vetting criteria.
- Fully deploy performance management by setting stretching but achievable objectives for the management team.
These are a moving output over which we need flexible control and as such should be reviewed and set quarterly in line with performance appraisal.
Typically these will cover the performance achievement against the following areas :
- cost budget
- process/productivity KPI's
- service/quality KPI's
- colleague turnover/absence/satisfaction
- subcontracted resource performance
- revenue/volume targets & budgets
- Project plan progression
Evident line management experience in production/logistics/mail/ parcels services environment to at least the same level of responsibility.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST HOLD A CPC NATIONAL LICENCE. PLEASE DON'T APPLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE
- Sound knowledge of performance management
- Proven record of successful customer interface and supplier management.
- Experience of managing a diverse workforce with particular emphasis on managing third party contractors.
- Experience of managing budgets in excess of £4m
- Ability to use Microsoft XP (Excel, Word, Email, Access, PowerPoint) or similar data base.
- Displays strong leadership qualities.
- Team Player, empathic communicator, well presented, results oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and performance.
- Always maintains a calm and rational presence, even when in pressure situations.
- Appears comfortable and confident when dealing with other managers (both peers and superiors) and with subordinates.
- Can be seen to lead by example.
- Has the ability to challenge the 'norm' and be creative in their approach
- Have the ability and the track record to seek improvements without having to be prompted.
- Ability to identify problems and design deployable solutions.
- Able to understand basic business finance.
Candidates living in GRETNA, CARLISLE, PENRITH, DUMFRIED, LOCKERBIE, NORTHIMBERLAND AND SOUTH AYRSHIRE MAY ALL APPLY IF YOU HAVE A CPC.
- CPC and MANAGEMENT and PARCELS
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'