Fixed Term Contract - £15.84 per hour - Plus company van & fuel card
Do you want to work for one of the UK’s leading housing and care service providers in the UK? Are you somebody who is open to new opportunities, works to achieve high standards and is customer focused?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a 4 month Contract for a Gas Engineer to join our repairs and maintenance division working in the social Housing sector.
You will be responsible for looking after the following areas:
- Covering call outs across North and East London, candidates located in the Greater London area would be advantageous.
- The position will involve Domestic call outs within core hours from 8am to 5pm with the addition of overtime.
- We are offering a competitive Salary of £35,000 for a Qualified Gas Engineer with well established experience.
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK’s leading housing and care providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions.
With 30 years of delivering market-leading repairs and maintenance services, Mears is trusted to deliver in excess of 6,000 repairs daily to a portfolio of more than 1,000,000 homes nationwide.
We provide tailored rapid-response and planned maintenance services through partnering arrangements with more than 70 local authorities, Arm’s Length Management Organisations and Housing Associations.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Gas Engineer to join our expanding team to work within a busy repairs and maintenance team. You will be responsible for carrying out a range of gas work to our clients housing stock to ensure that gas appliances and installations which are worked on are safe for continued use.
What you need to have:
- Qualified to City and Guilds/ Gas Service Engineer standard and hold appropriate ACS certification
- Good understanding of current legislation, building control requirements and governing body requirements
- Ideally previous domestic, social housing experience
- Extensive “on the job” experience
- Full driving licence
What's in for you?
- Competitive basic salary - £15.84 per hour
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- 20 days annual leave
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
For further information please contact Tom Noble - at Mears Group, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'