Top tier US Investment Bank is looking for a newly skilled product controller in the FX space.
An opportunity has arisen for a permanent role within the team. The successful individual will work as part of the hedge execution control team, responsible for the management of transaction currency risk, reporting to the hedge execution control team manager. The hedging processes follow both a daily and monthly cyclical process. Daily hedging captures all exposure that is booked in a currency different from the functional currency of the entity. Hedge trades are executed by either FX spot trades or forwards with NY FX desk via Corporate Treasury. An integral part of the hedging process involves ensuring the integrity of the source data, as part of this role you will have responsibility for an internal suite of controls that validates the hedging data.
The team covers the following involvement and responsibilities, which this role will support:
* Preparation of the Consolidated Daily Hedging Instruction to Corporate Treasury to mitigate Transaction Currency Risk to the firm
* Reporting Daily Attributed P&L to Corporate Treasury
* Reviewing and controlling the Daily Control Framework
* Acting as Cost Centre Controller for Treasury Cost Centres in terms of hedging out currency exposure
* Maintaining strong relations with key stakeholders including Business Unit Controllers, Corporate Treasury, Legal Entity Controllers and Operations
* Provide support to wider controller group in relation to HERA CMI and Reval P&L related queries
* Preparation of Non-Standard Hedging Instruction for Asia Corporate Treasury
* Month end substantiation and sign-off responsibilities within 3R's system for Net Revenue and Balance Sheet Accounts on Treasury Cost Centre's
* Responsibility for preparing Reporting for Key Stakeholders including Regulatory Controllers, Business Unit Controllers and Senior Management within Treasury Capital Markets
* Management Reporting for Treasury Revaluation Currency BTR's.
* Support manager dealing with ad hoc requests from Corporate Treasury desk.
- Good analytical skills, the ability to process and understand information from varying sources and systems
- An ability to see the bigger picture and quickly contextualize process knowledge
- Ability to plan and execute against tight timeframes
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong IT skills - Excel essential
- Numerate and good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job