Our vision is extraordinary healthcare for our community in East London and far beyond. We fund ground-breaking medical research, state-of-the-art equipment, ambitious capital developments and innovative healthcare projects not otherwise funded by the NHS. Whilst our projects are based in north and east London, their impact often benefits healthcare in the rest of the UK and internationally. We are an independent Charity that supports the remarkable work of staff and researchers at Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals, the Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry at Queen Mary University of London, and the School of Health Sciences at City University. We are currently awarding £30m annually to fund healthcare innovation, which makes us one of the largest charitable healthcare funders in the country.
About the role:
This newly created role reflects our ambition to provide even greater support to our NHS Trust partner. We are seeking a Funding Officer to ensure that charitable funds support the highest quality projects at Barts Health NHS Trust. Based within the Grants Team, the post holder will manage the full grant life cycle of a varied portfolio of grants at Barts Health NHS Trust and will work closely with applicants through the various stages of the assessment process as well as being responsible for on-going monitoring of awards and evaluation of grants. As a key member of the Grants Team, you will also work closely with teams across the charity, as well as with a broad range of clinical and support based focused staff at Barts Health NHS Trust. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to broaden their horizon beyond traditional research funding or wants to utilise their NHS/Healthcare experience within a grant-giving organisation.
- You will demonstrate an understanding and/or have experience of developing successful projects, ideally within an NHS or healthcare setting
- You will demonstrate an understanding and/or have experience of grant-giving and the role of charities in supporting healthcare and research.
- You will demonstrate knowledge and/or show an understanding of NHS service improvement and transformation in a healthcare arena.
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills alongside the ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including health professionals, healthcare delivery staff and third sector organisations.
- You will be able to think creatively and problem solve, sometimes in a challenging and fast paced environment, alongside having an analytical mind-set and excellent attention to detail.
- You will be passionate and motivated by a desire to support healthcare professionals and scientists to deliver the next discoveries and to translate them into healthcare improvements for a patient population.
A full job description and person specification can be found below. Please contact Dr Ali Momin, Funding Manager, () if you would like to discuss the position further before applying.
The population of northeast London is one of the most diverse in the UK. The staffs of both Barts Health and the medical school have a significant proportion of BAME employees. We at Barts Charity recognise that we need our staff and senior volunteers to be more representative of the organisations which we fund, and the people whose healthcare we are looking to improve. By embracing greater diversity of thought and experience, alongside consciously devoting our funding to addressing healthcare inequalities, we can be a more impactful funder and a potent agent for change.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups, particularly people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, but also a broad age-range and people living with disabilities.
How to apply
Please submit a CV along with a covering letter which explains how your experience and values make you a good match for this role. Please include your most recent salary and your current notice period if applicable. Please send your application by email via the button below.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'