My excellent client in Oxford are currently looking for a solid Full Stack Software Developer working in both front and back-end environments. The candidate will be working in an Agile environment and have excellent software design skills and drive to implement a vision.
We are looking for a self-starter who will rapidly forge strong relationship with product owners and other stakeholders. You should be able to put forward your own ideas whilst being receptive to others and therefore a strong communicator. As an experienced software developer, you will be very much "hands on" designing and coding. You will help maintain our existing suite and developing wholly new products and features for the Exhibitions industry.
You may be experienced in one or two major frameworks and able to learn new and adopt new frameworks as and when required. You would ideally have a thorough understanding of object-oriented programming, learned through hands-on experience.
• "Hands on" software development following an agile software development methodology
• Produce application code that meets design specifications, follows internal standards, and is easy to maintain
• Review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design
• Write unit and regression tests, using automation wherever possible.
• Maintain product documentation to reflect enhancements and other software changes
• Develop release scripts to ensure the rapid automated installation of new features
• Assess product impact and possible implementation options, and recommend the solution that best suits the needs of the requirement
• Investigate and resolve software defects
• Detailed knowledge of HTML 5 and AJAX techniques
• Good knowledge of JSON APIs from a client and server perspective
• Good skills querying databases with SQL and appreciation for database design
• Good knowledge of one or more frameworks, e.g. React, Redux, Vue.js, Angular
• Good knowledge or awareness of tools such as Gulp, Babel, ES6
• Experience with .Net Framework, either VB.Net or C#
• Strong Microsoft SQL Server querying and database skills highly desirable
This is a permanent role offering up to £45k per annum depending on experience.