Freightserve recruitment are looking for an experienced Freight Supervisor for a major Freight Forwarder. The company is based in the Heathrow area.
The supervisor will work in and manage the day to day operations of the team and report directly to the Branch Manager. The position is a multi-modal function ensuring we meet our customers’ expectations from origin to destination regardless of mode of transit. The Supervisor will ensure performance and deadlines comply with the companies vison via communication and leadership, organize workflow within their team to ensure employees understand their responsibilities, monitor productivity, provide coaching, communicate to management, ensure adherence to legal, company policies and procedures. Use industry and company knowledge to offer customer focused experience.
- Day to day leadership/organising the Team operationally
- Motivate, guide and mentor team members to exceed goals
- Create positive environment within the team centred on delivering superior customer service
- Assist in recruitment process
- Be first line of contact for performance management/team members development/discipline
- Train new team members to company standards, customer service and job duties
- Monitor timekeeping and performance within the team
- Provide effective communication to team members and to management
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Remain in connect with customers and suppliers to develop strong relationships
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the company, its products/services and offers technical support and information to the team
- Cost control
- Follow strict and time sensitive SOP’s/KPI’s to ensure compliance
- Work closely with internal and external customers
- Ensure Invoicing, job costing and milestones are updated within the required timeframe
- Assist Sales and management with customer development
- Regular customer communication / meetings and assist with business reviews
- Be first of contact to receive and resolve queries from customers and suppliers
- Operate within companies QA system
- Any other tasks as directed by their line manager
As an agency we are fast becoming the number one Freight specialist in the UK. We have a fast growing reputation with most Freight related companies. Freightserve has been established since 1992 working within the Freight Forwarding and Shipping industry. Call now to avoid disappointment!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'