For 25 years, customers in the UK and overseas have partnered with First Choice Staff to find the best talent for their business. Our Aviation Division supplies temporary and permanent staff along with standalone referencing services at all UK airports, working with Airlines, Ground Handlers, Aviation Support Service Providers, Retailers, Airline Caterers, Cargo Handlers ……………….and more !
We are currently recruiting for the following exciting vacancy:-
FLT Driver to work at Heathrow Airport.
Temporary, Temporary to Permanent and Permanent positions available.
The role involves providing a high level of service and accuracy and support, whilst presenting a professional corporate image, ensuring that all company procedures are adhered to, total customer satisfaction and a significant contribution to the team is achieved. Training is provided for this vacancy but a Fork Lift Licence or some previous Fork Lift Experience is a must for this role.
You MUST meet the following criteria to apply:-
- 5 Years UK checkable history (employment and/or education and/or unemployment)
- No unspent Criminal Convictions (subject to the rehabilitation of offenders act)
- Full Manual UK/EU Driving Licence (Max 6 points, free of Drink, Drug and Insurance Convictions) - Preferred
- Previous FLT experience - Essential
- Min 18 years of age
Key responsibilities, duties and attributes of a FLT Driver:-
- Working for a major worldwide Cargo / Ground Handling Organisation.
- Continuous heavy lifting, Building and breaking down cargo and freight, loading and unloading stock.
- Airside driving to transport cargo to the aircraft.
- Using Counter Balance Forklifts
- Working indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions to sort, load and unload cargo from the aircraft.
- Working as a team member in a manual warehouse environment.
- Driving large vehicles airside (training provided) and working with mechanical handling equipment.
- Operate equipment, including forklift trucks, pallet handling systems, waste management machinery etc.
- Daily warehouse duties in the running of the operation.
- Process dangerous goods in line with IATA and AVI regulations.
- Compliance of Regulatory Bodies e.g. HSE, CAA and HMRC/ Border force.
- Check details of release notes against actual cargo.
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members.
- Off-loading/loading cargo from/onto vehicles
- Have a flexible approach to work including flexibility to work a variety of hours and shifts.
- You must have excellent attention to detail along with good standard of numeracy and literacy and be able to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English.
Starting Salary - Permanent salary of £20,647 after 6 months will rise to £23,095 and £23,768 after 12 months.
Overtime will be available
Hours - 37.5 hour week
Shifts - You will be working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- Fork Lift
- Manual Handling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job