An opportunity has become available in a large, biomedical research organisation based in central London for a qualified Financial Planning and Analysis Manager.
We are looking for inquisitive, proactive individuals who enjoy creative problem solving and adding value. This is a senior role within the function which offers excellent exposure and progression within financial planning and analysis, and business partnering.
In this role you will support the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis on strategic financial planning, decision support and business partnering. The role will co-ordinate the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes and be responsible for ensuring that the business has the information it needs to support effective decision-making and strategic development. There will be a range of ad-hoc project to work on around continuous improvement of systems, process and controls that you can also get involved in.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the build and maintenance of robust budget, forecast and 5 plan models that influence and support decision-making within the organisation
- Working with senior management and budget holders to consolidate and deliver the annual budget and five-year plan
- Managing the development of resource allocation and costing models that will support internal management and the needs of funders.
- Managing the production and development of the standardised monthly reporting to budget holders, senior management and Board
- Managing all day-to-day financial planning and analysis activities
- Supporting management in developing and delivering efficiency plans and ensuring value for money across operations teams
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, or similar)
- Demonstrable experience working in a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) role. Candidates without FP&A experience will not be considered
- Experience of financial modelling and reporting
- The ability to demonstrate significant and creative problem-solving based on analysis of complex data and with a focus on driving value
- A proven team player, able to work flexibly with others and contribute effectively across a broad range of activities
This is a world-class organisation to work for which offers brilliant exposure, development and progression opportunity.
- financial planning and analysis