Financial Planning Administrator
Location: Central Bristol
Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
A vacancy has arisen within a long established local firm of Independent Financial Advisers, based in central Bristol, for an experienced administrator. The Firm provides a full financial planning service to clients who mainly fall within the business owner and family wealth client categories.
The right candidate must have existing administrative experience from working within an IFA’s office, and be able to work with a small team to deliver exceptional results to three Financial Planners. Knowledge of Intelliflo would be considered advantageous although not essential.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Planning Administrator:
- Processing new business, checking applications for completeness and ensuring that all compliance documentation is provided and up to date;
- Using provider/platform websites to process new business and update existing records;
- Populating and updating back office systems, creating and actioning diary entries;
- Fully completing relevant post and new business logs;
- Ensuring that all new business is processed to completion, providing the adviser with progress reports on a regular basis, and updating records where necessary;
- Obtaining valuations and ensuring that all client information is kept up to date and accurate on supporting back office systems;
- Liaising directly with clients by telephone, post and email
- Liaising with the adviser and ensuring that all relevant information is gathered and processed ahead of client meetings;
- Preparing and producing all relevant items required for client review meetings;
- Ensuring that all compliance and regulatory obligations are always adhered to;
- Using research software to investigate all available options in advance of client suitability report preparation;
- Preparation of straightforward client suitability reports and letters;
- Using appropriate software to produce client product illustrations;
- Undertaking financial planning calculations;
- Ensuring that all work deadlines are met and liaising closely with all members of the administration support unit to provide a full support service to the advisers;
- To provide any additional support to the advisers, and support team, as and when required.
Requirements of the Financial Planning Administrator:
- Previous experience working for an Independent Financial Adviser;
- A good working knowledge of pensions and investments is essential, together with an understanding of the use of platforms;
- Attention to detail and a desire to complete work to a high standard;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Strong aptitude for technology, with a very good knowledge of Microsoft software, various industry specific software and a willingness to learn new systems. Specific knowledge of Intelliflo would be an advantage;
- A desire to work as an integral part of a small team to provide outstanding outcomes to financial planning clients.
The right candidate will be supported in their desire to pursue professional qualifications; in particular regarding progress towards a Level 4 Diploma qualification, with the Chartered Insurance Institute’s Regulated Diploma in Financial Planning being the preferred route. Other examination pathways will also be considered if progress has already been made towards them.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Financial Planning Administrator role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job