SUEZ UK is recruiting for a Financial Modeller based in Maidenhead.
This role combines your commercial and financial acumen in developing environmentally friendly recycling and waste recovery projects.
This is an exciting opportunity requiring strong financial and commercial skills delivering environmentally friendly recycling and waste recovery projects. You will be responsible for delivering project financial models / business plans, and contribute to the contracting and financing / re-financing of the projects.
- Develop financial models consistent with the contracting structure and SUEZ business solution.
- Financial evaluation of projects using ungeared and geared evaluation techniques.
- Assess project risk, sensitivity analysis and mitigation measures
- Participate in due diligence work for M&A and disposals.
- Contract variations, refinancing, update of financial models - to optimise contract performance, improve shareholder returns and client affordability.
- Update the SPV operational models with actuals and revise project forecasts. Compare project performance against the bid model. Report on financial covenant compliance.
- Develop commercially sound, competitive pricing of the bids / projects
- Review and audit of financial models
- Participate in the financial and commercial contract negotiations to ensure the contracts are commercially viable.
- Production of bid / financial contract documentation - such as payment mechanism
- Production of approval documentation and presentation to the board
- Make recommendations about funding arrangements - liaison with funders.
- Liaison with the internal project team and external advisors, banks, lawyers.
- Hand over the project model and contract documentation to the project and finance teams, provide training and support.
- Production of medium term plans (5 yrs) showing cashflows and P&L
You will have a minimum of 2-3 years financial modelling experience gained in an advisory/bank or a corporate, developing/auditing project finance models.
Qualified accountant or passed finalist of an accountancy qualification - or a similar financial qualification.
Must have a degree (eg: business, economics, engineering)
A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of running/auditing financial models in Excel (including VBA) to evaluate projects by using geared and ungeared evaluation techniques.
Commercial acumen; understanding of key business drivers, risks, competitive pressures
Able to interpret risk allocation of complex contracts/subcontracts, assess risk and pricing implications.
With a raft of benefits, family-friendly policies and excellent remuneration packages, there has never been a better time to join SUEZ, recycling and recovery UK. We are proud of our fantastic opportunities for personal growth and development as we continue to build and grow our forward thinking company and you could play a key part in our success.
We provide a friendly and supportive place that you will love to work, we believe creativity, clear communication and our drive for excellence are the keys to our success. We also expect our people to be enthusiastic and responsible. If you share our thinking - and have the qualities we are looking for - you could play a big part in our team.
To find out more or apply, please complete the application form and attach your CV.
SUEZ are an equal opportunities employer.
We would consider applicants that may want to join at a more junior level - they would join us as a Junior Financial Modeller on a lower grade basic salary FROM £35,000 - £47,000. You would then progress.
- Commercial Awareness
- Financial Modeling
- Sensitivity Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job