Starting with a single train journey from Leicester to Loughborough in 1841, we’ve grown into a travel company that’s constantly thinking about new and innovative ways to take you places: not just on holiday, but in your career too.
Whether you dream of working abroad or want to help create the next marketing campaign, there’s a range of roles across our retail stores, head office, Thomas Cook Airlines and far beyond. From Product Managers to pilots, there’s one thing we all have in common: keeping the customer at our heart.
With a team of over 22,000 colleagues, operating across 15 countries, the opportunities are endless, whether you’ve worked in travel before or are looking to start a new adventure today.
Job Title – Financial Controller
Function – TC Retail & Money (Whitehorse)
Location – Shannon
Job purpose: Based in the Shannon, the key tasks are to support the White Horse business by managing all aspects of accounting, including processing of accounting entries, production of monthly reports, annual financial statements and Financial Regulator reporting and key financial
- Systems literate with advanced excel experience
- Quality Focused
- Customer Focused
- Results driven & business minded
- Foster good working relationships internally and externally
- Innovative thinker who fosters creativity
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Team Player; willingness to take on a variety of tasks
- Flexibility, with an ability to cope with challenging and changing deadlines
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Experience in Financial Services preferably the Insurance industry with a knowledge of Solvency II regulatory reporting
- Strong taxation knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP, Sun System, Vision Reporting an advantage
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Reporting to the Finance Director, the key elements of the role are to perform the following tasks for the White Horse business, and provide assistance to the Finance Director and manage the Assistant Financial Accountant role as required;
- Responsible for full production of Management Accounts to Trial Balance on an accurate and timely basis.
- Responsible for Management Account submissions to parent company on monthly basis.
- Responsible for the production of the Financial Statements in accordance with the appropriate accounting policies.
- Assist with the External and Internal Audit functions, ensuring all controls are fully complied with.
- Responsible for the production of the financial Quarterly and Annual QRTs for submission to the internal Regulatory Reporting Committee.
- Oversee the Sun Accounting System (including the Vision Reporting tool), ensuring its integrity, licensing and usage activity.
- Maintain a strong control over the debtors balance in accordance with agreed Terms & Conditions.
- Ensure compliance with IPT, VAT, Stamp Duty, and Payroll returns to the relevant UK & Irish authorities via ROS or Group Tax and the Compliance Centre in Belgium for all EEA IPT Returns.
- To prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations and ensure all differences are actioned promptly.
- Produce ad-hoc returns to the CSO, IDA, CBI and FCA.
- Update key procedures manuals relevant to your key accountabilities
- Execute and provide support for finance project work streams and initiatives
- Ad-hoc duties as required
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'