Hays are pleased to have been engaged by an established and well known employer based in West Cornwall who are now seeking to appoint a Financial Controller on an interim basis for a period of up to 6 months. The Company are enjoying a period of significant positive change and this key appointment is expected to further strengthen their senior leadership team.
At a strategic level the role will involve working closely with the Chief Executive and other Senior Managers, providing financial guidance and support to enable sound business decisions to be made on a timely basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Overseeing and developing systems and management controls
- Management reporting, and developing forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow).
- Contractual negotiations and bid support
- Preparation of month end accounts and VAT returns
- Bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversee the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Undertaking business reporting and variance analysis.
- Overseeing tax and compliance
- Treasury Management.
- Asset management.
- Management, mentoring and motivation of the accounts team.
There is a hands on element to this post and it is expected that the successful candidate will be a team player who is comfortable engaging with stakeholders across all levels of the business.
The ideal candidate will hold a recognised finance qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) and have previous experience operating at a senior level. An ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people at varying levels both internally and externally is essential.
Competency with Excel and Sage is preferred.
This role will suit a commercially minded professional accountant who enjoys working in a challenging and rewarding working environment.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"