Working for a service-led business that sits within the automotive sector, your role would be that of Financial Controller working closely alongside the Managing Director of this SME business.
Due to a recent acquisition and further diversification and growth projects, the business has decided to bring someone into the team in a 'right hand person’ capacity to the MD.
They are therefore looking for a technically strong accountant who wants to get involved across all areas of the business in a truly 'hands on’ capacity, utilising their commercial acumen and awareness to the full. This is a genuinely exciting time to join the business at such a critical stage; with a 'blank piece of paper’ approach to make the role your own, take ownership, and to have an impact on the bottom line.
Your role will involve providing sound financial advice and guidance to the senior management team, whilst improving performance and profitability.
Key duties will include:
- Providing detailed monthly management accounts in line with KPIs
- Preparing the annual budget as well as monthly budgeting and forecasting
- Cash flow reporting and cash management
- Preparation of the annual statutory returns, to include HMRC data
- Manage all tax and VAT compliance and queries
- Manage the annual audit process
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Ad hoc financial reporting and analysis as required
- Building and maintaining key relationships with banks, and auditors
- Invoice discounting
- Overseeing the small accounts team to include Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Qualified accountant or part qualified and studying (ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent)
- Qualified by experience if sector exposure includes automotive
- Previous experience working within an SME
- Robust commercial awareness
- Ability to add value
- Highly IT literate with knowledge of Excel
- Strong financial modelling, budgeting and forecasting ability
- Experience of invoice discounting
- Team player, excellent communicator
- Ambitious and driven
If this sounds like the opportunity you are seeking, please contact Samantha Harris for further information.