Recruit 121 Finance & Accounting Solutions are working with an international engineering group that produces market leading products, which includes ranges of industrial chain, gearboxes and couplings to find the new Financial Controller. The group achieves £180 million turnover and employs around 2,500 people in more than 23 countries around the world. The Cardiff site is a £14 million turnover manufacturing operation with impressive growth plans, whose success within the group has been driven by investment into process upgrades and improvements.
Reporting to the Site Managing Director, you will have proven accounting experience in a manufacturing environment as well as strong technical acumen. As Financial Controller, you will provide leadership for the Couplings finance function in producing timely strategic and operational financial data to support the business plan and the evolving needs of the business. You will be an integral part of the Senior Management team who are focussed on future plans and ultimately continued business growth.
- Preparation of the business' finance budget and strategic plans
- Work with colleagues to develop and implement analysis based investment decisions in allocating both capital and operational resources
- Be a driver of change in significantly enhancing financial control in the region through adoption and adherence to the group’s minimum internal control standards
- Work with the group finance function (colleagues in other regions/business units/group) to develop and implement the finance functional strategy which is aimed at improving the service offered by finance to the business
- Manage routine financial activities including monthly management accounts and financial reporting and financial control within the business
- Review people and processes within the finance function. Ensure that best practice is adopted to establish a faster, more efficient service with a 'right-first-time’ concept
- Financial analysis and modelling of proposals (e.g. capital expenditure, new contracts, acquisitions, disposals, restructuring etc.)
- Responsibility for the finance department, including the production of monthly management accounts, annual financial accounts (including statutory accounts & legal entity requirements relating to treasury & taxation).
- You will be a qualified accountant from a recognised professional body - CIMA/ACA/ACCA with a minimum of 3 years PQE and ideally be degree educated
- You will be an experienced finance professional, with sound technical knowledge and capacity to enhance financial control appropriate to a publicly quoted Group
- You will possess a highly commercial outlook, comfortable focusing on enhancing performance and identifying opportunities for improved efficiency and margin improvement
- You will demonstrate a highly visible, 'hands-on’ management style, keen to be involved with all aspects of business operation, bringing advice, opinions and willing to challenge existing practices
- You will possess the ability to switch readily between strategic thinking and operational detail
- You will be able to initiate and implement change to support the overall strategic plan and finance functional strategy
- You will have an understanding/experience of physical manufacturing processes
- Salary is £50,000 - £65,000 + per annum + competitive bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Holidays are 25 days plus bank holidays
RECRUIT121 Finance and Accounting Recruitment Solutions specialises in sourcing and placing qualified and part qualified accountants. Working with a variety of businesses, we recruit the most talented accountancy professionals in the industry.
- Business Plan
- Financial Controller
- Financial Reporting
- Manufacturing Environment
- Strategic Thinking