Our client who are a successful construction company based in Surrey are looking for a Financial Controller to oversee their busy finance department.
- Direct management of accounts assistant and payroll clerk
- Train and develop the finance function through suggesting improvements, refining processes and take it one step further
- Report to the board on progress of the business plan on a monthly basis
- Full ownership of month- end reporting/ prepare and input monthly journals
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Generation payments reports and the related BACS.
- Prepare, reconcile and submit quarterly Vat returns/ maintenance of the VAT ledger
- Post journals, accruals and prepayments
- Liaising with company's bank and auditor's
- Preparation of cash- flow forecasts and balance sheet projections
- Producing monthly management reports
- Management of credit control function
- Management of purchase ledger department- dealing with supplier issues/concerns
- Supervision of the weekly and monthly payroll including pension and P11d calculation's and completion of relevant returns to HMRC
- Preparation of annual accounts and reports for the audit
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant RTI deadlines
- Ensuring compliance with the pension requirements.
- Review reconciliation of bank accounts
- Processing of bank transfers.
- Controlling petty cash
- Other ad hoc duties required by the MD.
- Good interpersonal communications skills, such as written, oral and persuasive communication abilities.
- Characteristics of thoroughness, self-motivation, persistence, resilience and dedication to deadlines.
- Computer skills, excel, sage and red sky ( in - house system ) would be an advantage.
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- An ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way
- Honesty and discretion
- Tenacious- someone wanting to grow within a business and add value
- Finance Manager
- Financial Controller