Internationally renowned leisure organisation based in Surrey are looking for a Financial Controller to join their leadership team. Key to the role is the overall management of the finance function and to help drive the business commercially. The role will suit a qualified accountant with a background in sport, leisure or hospitality.
The Role -
- Effectively manage the finance operation of the business, including managing and mentoring a small team
- Work closely with the Group Financial Controller and senior leadership team in the strategic planning of the business
- Deliver accurate and timely Management Accounts with forward looking analysis on key trends including performance against budget for both revenue and costs.
- Oversee the financial management and reporting of each event, including pre event forecast and post event results, providing detailed explanations for variances to plan.
- Assist with preparing where necessary and review the monthly profit and loss accounts
- Complete a detailed Financial Controllers narrative advising on the previous month’s results noting any exceptions and actions taken.
- To be responsible for the development of all members of staff within the accounts department, including annual performance appraisals
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements in line with current reporting standards and submit a detailed audit pack
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA Accountant
- Must hold a valid driving license for travel between offices
- Sport, Leisure and Hospitality experience very advantageous
- Commercially astute, technically strong, influential leader and experience of leading both strategic and operational teams.