Job Title: Financial Controller
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsible For: Accounts Assistant
Control the overall running of the day to day finances of the company.
o Ensuring the timely reporting and accounting of the various income streams; box office, ancillary revenues, rentals, etc.
o Developing a strong working relationships
o Purchase ledger:
• Ensuring that the settlement accounting is performed in accordance with contracts and in house procedures.
o Generating payment reports and the related BACS.
o Controlling the purchase ledger payments to maximise the cash benefit to the company.
o Maintenance and reconciliation of purchase ledger.
o Producing the monthly payroll.
o Reviewing the weekly payroll produced by the accounts assistant.
• Ensuring compliance with the relevant PAYE / NIC deadlines and payments.
o Ensuring compliance with the relevant RTI deadlines.
o Ensuring compliance with pension requirements.
o Issuing contracts and monitoring annual/sick leave etc
o VAT return:
o Completion of the quarterly VAT returns.
• Reconciliation to nominal ledger.
o Maintenance of the VAT ledger.
o Ensuring compliance with reporting and payment deadlines.
• Bank Accounts:
• Review reconciliation of bank accounts.
• Processing of bank transfers.
• Petty Cash:
• Controlling petty cash.
o Ensuring that the expenditure is for business purposes.
o Intercompany accounts:
o Develop relationship within the group.
o Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis within the group.
• Weekly information for management meetings.
• Weekly accounts.
• Budget preparation.
• Forecasting and variance analysis.
• Develop analysis of cost base.
1. Provide appropriate schedules for external audit.
1. Impact on the operations.
1. Working Hours are 40 hours a week 9am- 6pm
1. 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Skills / Qualities
1. Entrepreneurial and willing to take the initiative.
1. Robust and challenging.
1. Good people skills.
1. Team player.
1. Honest and reliable.
1. VAT experience.
1. PAYE experience.
1. Navision experience desirable
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job