Permanent / Full time
CCT Venues is a dynamic, owner managed, businessoperating London based training and conference venues. The business started trading in 2005 and currently operates 5 venues, 3 in the City and 2 in Canary Wharf.
The business has grown steadily and currently has around 75 staff and a turnover in the region of £8 million, and is now looking for a talented and articulate Financial Controller. The role of Financial Controller is central to the effective management of the finance function and so crucial to the business.
Reporting directly to the senior management team, you will have primary responsibility for managing the day to day functions in the finance department. Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Planning and overseeing implementation of accountancy system and policies
- Oversee and prepare financial documents and reports for management, statutory or other bodies
- Undertake evaluation of financial information for management purposes
- Prepare tax returns and advise and support in relation to all tax matters
- Liaises with management to compile budgets
- Manage cashflow
- Prepares periodic accounts, budgetary reviews supplementary reports and financial forecasts
- Undertake investigations with a view to advising management on financial aspects of productivity and sales.
- Assist with the resolution of complex credit control challenges.
- Assess and advise on factors affecting business performance.
- Ensure standards and service agreements are met at all times
- Supervise, manage and support 3 members of the finance team.
- Determine staffing levels appropriate for department, assist with recruitment processes.
- Provide relevant finance training to non-finance employees whose role impact financial information
The successful candidate will be:
A qualified ACCA accountant who is highly efficient and confident and has significant proven experience working at a managerial level within the hospitality sector, and demonstrable experience of staff management. Other requirements are:
- Excellent IT skills with advanced knowledge of Excel (including Pivot Tables, Vlookups & subtotals) and Sage Line 50, Sage Forecasting and Kinetic Software (or a similar CRM system)
- Experience working for a Small to Medium sized Enterprise (SME)
- Experience preparing a company for audit.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Experience of reporting to board level.
- Proven ability to work proactively and prioritise effectively.
- Be a team player and be able to work flexibly at times.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000 pa dependent on experience and qualifications
- Participation in Company bonus scheme
- Participation in Company pension scheme
- Term Life Assurance
- Complimentary refreshments and lunch (subject to availability)
- Participation in company BHSF health scheme after successful probation period
- 21 days annual leave initially (rising annually by 1 day to max 24 days) plus discretionary extra 2-3 days for Christmas closure, and Bank holidays
If you would like to apply please send your CV, along with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role and why you would like to work with us.
Closing Date Friday 22nd February 2018
CCT Venues Limited is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability
- Credit Control
- Finance Function
- Financial Information
- Staff Management