Are you a dynamic and forward-thinking Financial Accountant, with a keen eye for process improvements? Looking for the next step in your career towards becoming a qualified accountant, where you will have the opportunity to supervise a team? Can you provide a growing finance team with an excellent working knowledge of VAT submissions? If yes, this could be your next role!
Robertson Bell is pleased to be partnering with a large London-based charity who are seeking a Financial Accountant to join their growing finance team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Financial Controller, this is an excellent next step for a strong technical accountant, where you will have the opportunity to supervise two Assistant Accounts. This role will be focused on administering the Fixed Asset Register, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, and production of VAT returns.
The main duties of the Financial Accountant include:
- Supervise and support two Assistant Accountants, reviewing their work, being first point of contact for any high-level queries and ensure they are performing to the best of their ability.
- Lead on quarterly VAT submissions to HMRC, supporting the Financial Controller to ensure that these are submitted accurately and within the given deadline, deal with any incoming VAT-related queries from within the organisation.
- Oversee and facilitate all Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring accurate work by the Assistant Accountants as well as undergoing any complex reconciliations and making adjustments where required.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the organisation’s large and complex fixed asset register, updating the appropriate schedules on additions, disposals, depreciation etc.
- Build strong working relationships with Senior Management in other departments to ensure accurate reporting and posting of journals, prepayments and accruals in the relevant accounts (e.g. rents, property developments and sales).
This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring qualified accountant who is seeking to take a step up into a new role, where you will not only lead on a range of financial reporting, but also provide support and supervision of two Assistant Accountants. My client is offering an excellent benefits package, and remote working.
The successful candidate will be:
- Part Qualified in ACCA/ACA/CIMA/equivalent.
- Experienced in producing VAT returns accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to administer the maintenance of a large and complex fixed asset register.
- A proactive problem-solver with a keen eye for process improvements and an excellent can-do attitude.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please do not hesitate in applying as CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the applications are likely to close early.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'