Our client is a reputable and well established organisation with a global coverage and impressive offices in central Oxford. A new permanent opportunity has arisen in their Finance department for a Financial Accountant.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, typical duties will be to:
- Review monthly branch reporting packs and commentary, investigating any anomalies / variances that require additional explanation with the branch, and providing a summary to the Financial Controller.
- Develop an understanding of branch financial operations through regular international travel and be able to reconcile to financial performance and identify anomalies.
- Review of on line bank statements on a weekly basis; perform bank reconciliations, liaising with the branch to confirm details of payments / cash received, against back-up documentation. Record and report any anomalies, unexplained transactions to the Financial Controller.
- Monthly review of trial balance from the local ERPvs. group reporting pack. Confirmation of balances and movements, review of accruals / provision accounts on a monthly basis with the branches. Provide a summary report to the Financial Controller recording any issues / unusual movements in the month.
- Ensure local authorisations are completed in line with both local and divisional DLA.
- Detailed review of customer sales ledger balances and timing of sales particularly for year-end cut-off (Q4 / Q1 returns).
- Monthly review of branch staff expense claims and authorisation (cash, credit card expenses and expense advances), recording any instances of non-compliance to expense guidelines and escalating to the Financial Controller.
Candidates that apply should ideally be qualified or finalist level with a financial accounting background. You must be analytical with good attention to detail and ideally have some previous business partnering experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job