Finance Systems Officer
SIMS Finance Officer - Independent School
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent - Full Time - Term time only
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
We are currently looking for career minded and enthusiastic Finance Officer to join a group of independent schools in London.
The group is an established and well-regarded network of leading schools, predominantly in London. As the group grows and continues to invest in its London schools, the organisation has made steps to globalise the group opening schools further afield including North America.
As part of the finance team, this role is based at our head office in Marylebone, London with occasional travel to our schools and colleges (mostly in London). The main focus of this role is supporting all of our school finance officers in using the school fees module of our MIS system (SIMS).
We are looking for someone who has the personality to effectively train our support staff in the group. The role will also require training materials and procedure manuals to be developed and improved. Intermediate Excel skills are required (pivot tables, Vlookups etc). Previous SIMS experience is not a pre-requisite as the group is willing to invest in any candidate that shows the required personal skills and can show long term commitment.
* Training new finance officers to use the school MIS system (SIMS) with particular reference to sales ledger and fees (billing, transactions and reporting).
* On-going support for school/college finance officers (occasionally by visiting sites but increasingly by remote session and over the phone).
* Group training preparation and presentations (once per term)
* Writing and updating training materials
* New database set up (occasional)
* Report writing - developing new reports to make the monthly reporting process easier and more efficient.
* System improvements - investigating and implementing more efficient methods of using the system with a customer focus at the centre of decision making.
* Working with the software developer to report issues and keep on top of support calls.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has an interest in education, is an excellent communicator and trainer, and someone who has a good grasp of school financial operations. Some SIMS experience would be helpful but it is not essential.
The salary for this position will be between £25,000 - £28,000 depending on qualifications and experience. The position is term time only and would be a full time, permanent contract with the group.
If you do have the relevant requirements and would like to be considered for this job, please send through your CV to Phil at Connaught Education.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible so please apply promptly if you would like to be considered for this opportunity. Connaught reserve the right to appoint before the closing date of the advert.
Connaught Education - The Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"