We're currently looking for a Finance Partner to join our Experian Data Quality Finance team based in London (Waterloo). This is a highly visible role which will have significant exposure to senior stakeholders with a varied set of responsibilities.
In this role, you'll have tremendous opportunity to have influence across all elements of the business, and the ability to positively impact performance.
This role will be a true partner to our Experian Data Quality area of the Experian business, who focus on helping our clients take control of their data to build stronger relationships with their customers. This role works alongside the EDQ Global Product Management Team to ensure that EDQ is investing its cost and resources in line with revenue objectives, and that it manages its cost base effectively within the agreed budgets. The role has a primary focus on ensuring that EDQ global delivers on its key financial objectives, in terms of both its central cost budget as well as the wider global financial performance. It is also a key point of liaison across regions, to ensure effective sharing of knowledge and best practice, as well as visibility of performance.
The Business Partner is required to work closely alongside a broad range of key business stakeholders, supporting the Global Management Team, as well as being a key representative of finance to the wider EDQ Global team.
In particular, the Finance Partner is responsible for:
- Driving and supporting the business to achieve its financial objectives
- Accountability for supporting and enabling financial performance in line with budget (EBIT)
- Leading the monthly reforecast process to ensure that risks, opportunities and key actions are well communicated to the business and understood by all key stakeholders
- Supporting the development of initiatives to meet financial targets and lead finance work-streams where possible (e.g. headcount / structural analysis and review of controllable spend to maximise EBIT performance)
- Overall responsibility for ensuring an effective, efficient and accurate month-end close process across costs, capex and balance sheet, overseeing and reviewing performance of key activities by the team in Sofia
- Acting as the finance lead on Global EDQ Investment projects - e.g. investment case, or other capex development projects. This involves formulation of all financials (for review by FD), providing challenge on assumptions and inputs, liaising with regions around revenue assumptions, and defining and implementing processes to effectively track progress against the investment
- Provides financial insights to business stakeholders and helps shape business decisions, including:
- Input and challenge around resourcing strategy for global product development, ensuring that best value for money achieved
- Ensure that monthly MI reporting is completed in line with timetable, and that it provides clear insights and relevant KPI's to support decision making
- Longer term financial planning
- Defining process for global product reporting, and reviewing on a monthly basis
- Acts as the Finance lead on key business projects, with accountability for delivering relevant finance inputs and impacts (e.g. process considerations) examples may include running the Annual budget and strategic planning process, including project management, review of analysis, communication to key stakeholders and preparation of formal budget reporting
- Working proactively to identify and drive opportunities for process improvements within finance and the wider business
- Acts as Finance leader in the business to provide finance support and coaching to key stakeholders within the business.
- Acting as a coach and role model within the finance team - providing financial insight on business performance and sharing best practice from other global teams
- Accountable for working across the EDQ Finance team to ensure that effective controls are in place around appropriate process around purchasing, recruitment and cross-regional royalty payments
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for someone who is looking to progress their career with a market leading, Global organisation. We're looking for future talent, and so you must be someone who thrives from adding real value to the business and to your own development.
Key experience/skills we're looking for:
- ACA/ ACCA or CIMA qualified, ideally with some proven post qualification experience
- Strong drive to understand the commercial drivers of a business
- Excellent numeracy and analytical problem solving capabilities
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills
- Presence, gravitas and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to communicate numerical information in an easy to understand manner
- Leadership and people management experience, along with coaching skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job