This is the job for you...
This is an exciting time to join this developing organisation. If your experience includes managing a successful audit, including the preparation of financial statements, and experience of running an annual budget process, we would welcome an application from you.
With a competitive salary and matching benefits how could you say no to this opportunity, apply online now!
• Take the lead role in the preparation of the annual accounts and its fund generation vehicles, in conjunction with the appointed auditors and the COO.
• Line manage relevant finance staff and support the appointment, development, induction and planning of financial teams/functions.
• Ensure that accurate management accounts (including income & expenditure and balance sheet) and other reports are produced, the fund generation vehicles and the central function, in accordance with the Board’s requirements. Oversee the fixed asset register.
• Oversee the exchequer activity including delivery of regular BACs and payment runs. Ensure all lettings, consultancy and other income is collected and reported. Ensure that reconciliation of all bank accounts, petty cash and charge cards is carried out according to current requirements. Provide accurate cash flow forecasts as required. Be responsible for administration and segregation of duties with finance teams and in relation to the bank account.
• Carry out returns to external bodies
• Complete the VAT returns and manage all aspects of VAT.
• Ensure the financial obligation in relation to Pension and the Local Government Pension Scheme is managed in line with the Scheme and Regulatory requirements; eg End of Year returns.
• Take the lead in the preparation and implementation of the annual and tri-annual budget setting process.
• Manage the contract relevant to external suppliers including the main finance and payroll system (currently Resource 3200, EPM, HCSS).
• Be familiar with the Financial Handbook, Funding Agreements and work with the COO and CEO to ensure compliance with current financial regulation at all times.
• Oversee the purchasing procedures and ensure best value for money is delivered in all transactions including sector and wider benchmarking.
• Oversee the payroll procedures and ensure the relationship with the provider is managed appropriately. Manage the production and updating of the salary scales on annual basis.
• Monitor major projects and other capital works expenditure.
• Undertake cost savings projects and identify and recommend opportunities for improved cost controls.
• Respond to queries from staff, suppliers and debtors, resolving problems and using discretion and escalating or disseminating as necessary.
If interested please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following:
Your most recent CV
Reason for leaving current/most recent employment
Do not delay, this is a great opportunity and not to be missed.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job