Market leading Financial services group based in Hertfordshire require an experienced Finance Manager to manage a team of up to 15 staff. Working closely with the CFO you will be expected to lead and motivate the accounts team and ensure that all finance activities are handled in accordance with regulatory and government requirements to specified procedures and timescales . In addition to this the job holder will be expected to identify training requirements and provide coaching and development where necessary.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To ensure smooth running of the Accounts department and to oversee delivery of all departmental services in a timely and professional manner.
- To ensure that all Company and departmental procedures are followed and any areas of concern notified to the CFO.
- To ensure that all accounting processes follow best practice principles.
- To ensure that daily, weekly and month-end finance reconciliations and routines are completed on time and in line with specified practices and procedures.
- To ensure that all documentation and processes fall within agreed service standards and FCA or SRA regulations.
- To regularly review, maintain and, where required, improve all accounts procedures, manuals, systems and processes.
- To be responsible for the bank accounts of all group companies, ensuring that all payments and receipts are accounted for and reconciliations completed on a regular basis, as directed by the CFO, with all outstanding queries being investigated and rectified.
- To monitor and forecast cash-flow requirements, where required.
- To be responsible for monitoring and reconciling all 3rd party finance, insurer and OCE accounts and bordereaux.
- To monitor and perform credit card, bank and insurer reconciliations, and to ensure differences are investigated and rectified.
- To ensure the smooth running of the Team by maintaining adequate staff cover at all times, monitoring absence levels and completing HR related documentation and processes in line with company procedure.
- To undertake Performance Management Reviews and other staff management
- duties in accordance with company procedures.
- To provide team member coaching, advice and support as required, including
- identifying training requirements and development needs, and recommending
- action where performance is not satisfactory.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- AAT qualification or similar is essential.
- Proven and solid all round accounts knowledge with a minimum of 5 years
- accounts department experience.
- Familiarity and experience with accounting systems, preferably Sage Line 50.
- Thorough knowledge of on-line banking systems and procedures.
- Good IT skills particularly with Excel and MS Word.
- Excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail in all areas.
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate effectively with
- internal staff and external customers and suppliers
- A good level of English, both written and oral.
- Excellent numeric skills.
- Ability to deal with any complaints or queries in line with company and FCA or
- SRA regulatory requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise the department's own workload.
- Ability to work within a Team environment and to assist team members where
- "Finance manager" "accounts Manager" "transactions manager" insurance FCA or SRA regulations bordereaux reconciliations