Salary: £35,000-£40,000 dependent on experience + 15% flexible benefit fund
Location: Leeds (Tingley)
NHS Shared Business Services have a new opportunity for a Finance Manager to join their Finance team. As the Finance Manager you will responsible for all activities associated with the financial month end process (accruals, revenue recognition, billing, forecasting, reporting etc.), cash management and forecasting. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and self-driven with a desire to continually improve ways of working and add value.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for career development; NHS SBS has a track record of developing employees and internal progression and is dedicated to providing employees with the experience and opportunity to progress their career.
If you are newly qualified or are close to completing a qualification and have previous management accounting experience this is a fantastic opportunity, not to be missed.
- Manage month end process including:
o Monthly accounting adjustments
o Detailed variance analysis with supporting commentary
- Attend business reviews and deliver financial results/performance to non-finance stakeholders
- Support senior business stakeholders in decision making, ensuring decisions are made with sound financial knowledge and awareness
- Challenge the business where appropriate
- Develop and maintain financial models
- Complete tasks and responsibilities to tight deadlines whilst managing stakeholders expectations
- Deputising for others in the team as required to cover key roles
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- Be educated to a degree level (Minimum grade required 2.1)
- Previous experience in a management accounting, cash management and cash forecasting
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Holds a professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/etc) or is close to completing qualification
- Talented, bright individual with a natural aptitude for finance, data, reporting and analysis
- Motivated, driven and keen to progress career
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with a fast paced environment in a large organisation
- Experience with Microsoft Office software particularly Excel, Word, Power Point
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and present variance analysis
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- You will also be a very strong communicator, who actively seeks to build working relationships with peers, clients, colleagues.
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
Find out more
Visit the NHS SBS website and the NHS SBS LinkedIn company page.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job