A specialist law firm based in London are looking for a Finance Manager to join their team on a permanent basis where you will be managing a number of finance projects, aimed at developing the current finance processes and management reporting to support the business. The role will also involve supporting the formulation & execution of the firm's financial strategy and supporting plans for business growth & strategic direction of the firm.
Some of your responsibilities will include -
- Maintaining strong financial control and governance across all financial operations
- Line management, training and development of a team of finance staff in order to deliver a high class, quality Finance function
- Analysing the current financial systems and processes and proposing improvements to financial reporting
- Managing process change related projects
- Month end process and reporting and presenting the monthly management information to the Management
- Managing the year end process including annual WIP and debtor review, annual audit and statutory accounts
- Summarising YTD financial performance with annual forecast and mitigation actions where necessary
- Preparing annual firm wide budget, fee earners targets / KPI's, agreeing budgets with departmental heads and final sign off
- Developing & maintaining an up to date rolling 5-year financial plan with forecast / projections
- Formulating an optimum funding and capital structure
- Reviewing the firm's working capital strategy at least every 3 years and recommending the Partnership best course of action
- Identifying profit-generating opportunities through both revenue maximization and cost control
- Supporting the development of pricing strategies
- Maintaining good knowledge / trends of the industry sectors the firm operates in
- Implementing KPIs to track performance of the strategy and developing a mitigation plan where necessary
To be successful in this Finance Manager role you will be a fully qualified Accountant with experience of working within a Professional Services/Partnership environment. You will have advanced Excel skills and have experience of producing Partnership Accounts. Due to the nature of the role you must have excellent communication and presentation skills and have the ability to build relationships with all levels of seniority.
You must also demonstrate the ability to actively challenge existing ways of working and ways to improve and drive efficiency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job