Finance Manager opportunity working for a very exciting organisation based in Exeter. My client is looking to appoint immediately. Therefore, they are ideally looking for someone to start on a contract to perm. However they will also consider candidates who are looking for a permanent role.
The post holder will be responsible for the company’s finance function but will also have some HR responsibilities. Reporting to the Finance & HR Director, you will be controlling the income and expenditure of the business and providing information to superiors to assist in financial planning, monitoring, decision making and HR Strategy.
This is a small team - and focus will be support in the team - but also be able to work on your own and manage your own work.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- To ensure the maintenance if the nominal, sales and purchase ledgers and that all authorised payments are made in time
- To manage the company’s bank accounts effectively
- To maintain an accurate and timely debt control system
- Payroll responsibilities including preparing monthly salary payments to staff and weekly wages to visiting staff, including the correct tax, NI and other deductions
- To ensure regular preparation, reconciliation and payment of all statutory payments and returns including PAYE/NI, VAT, PRS and other returns
- To ensure all employees and zero contract workers receive appropriate contracts
- To manage the work of the Finance Officer to ensure that all aspects of the company’s finance function are carried out effectively
- To provide timely, accurate and high quality financial information to assist budget holders
- To assist the Finance & HR Director and in the preparation of the annual budget
- To prepare annual and project accounts
- To keep abreast of financial legislation
- To keep the systems, information and services of the Finance & HR section under review to support budget holders
- To induct new staff and support all staff in the use if the company’s finance and HR procedures and systems
Requirements of this role will include:
- An accounting qualification AAT, fully or part-qualified
- Demonstrable experience of working at a senior level within an Accounting position
- Strong HR skills, with experience of working within a challenging HR environment
- Experience of supervising staff
- Payroll experience is essential
- Experience of producing statutory and management accounts
- Experience of improving finance controls, complying with statutory legalisation and improving debt collection
- Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills
- A highly competent Sage user
- A confident, can-do approach who is used to working on a standalone role
In return, this client offers an interesting and fun working environment, with a great ethos and flexible approach on hours. If you are looking for a non-standard approach to work this company could really suit you! Please get in touch today if you are looking for a hands on finance role, with scope and potential to learn and develop your skillset!