**FINANCE ASSISTANT - PURCHASE LEDGER**
Working for a large and well established Construction business with many projects on the go at any given time...
YOUR NEW JOB...
The role will be working within a busy finance team based in central York and will the primary focus will be to process the purchase ledger and manage procurement in line with company processes and procedures
• Manage supplier accounts on the purchase ledger
• Manage procurement requirements in liaison with other departments
• Daily processing of all invoices and credit notes on to the Sage account system
• Liaise with suppliers in relation to queries on invoices in an effective and timely manner
• Prepare and send appropriate purchase ledger reports for weekly review
• Responsible for answering the telephone and dealing with calls as appropriate
• Attend meetings with suppliers when required
• Monitor info email box for information received from suppliers
• Communicate with other departments to update on when goods will be received
• Ensure that authorisation is obtained from the directors as per the company processes and procedures
• Complete checking of supplier statements
• Preparation of payment runs on a weekly and monthly basis as per company timescales
• Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers.
• Preparation of order summaries from the company’s internal system and stock takes provided by other departments
To apply for the role we are looking for previous experience in a busy finance team and knowledge of Sage is vital. A full driving licence is necessary and some knowledge of the construction industry is advantageous. AAT/part AAT qualified is desirable
WHATS ON OFFER…
Up to £23K Salary, Working hours 9am - 5pm with a good benefits package!!!
If you are able to demonstrate the above, have the correct skills and would like to apply please send your CV
Due to the volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week please assume you have not been short listed.
Charterhouse Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments
- Accounts Assistant
- Purchase Ledger
- Accounts Clerk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job