Experienced in Insurance Accounts? Looking for a challenging yet flexible role locally?
If you are the Insurance Accounts Manager we’re looking for you’ll be self-motivated; love solving problems; and enjoy engaging with a variety of clients. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Mid-Essex based Global Marine Insurance Broker.
The purpose of this role is to manage the smooth running of all accounting and financial requirements of the company and to ensure that monthly and annual deadlines are met. The successful candidate will ideally have: recent experience of Insurance or Financial Services accounts practices; strong reconciliation capability; and experience of SAGE Line 50 accounting software.
Main duties :
- Producing monthly management accounts (income split between class of business, payments, commission breakdowns, 3rd party revenues, P&L statement)
- Cash book posting
- Bank Reconciliations (GBP / USD / Euro)
- Producing client invoices (debit / credits) on a weekly basis and reconciling with supplier invoices (debit / credits)
- Controlling Credit with clients and suppliers (issuing monthly statements and proactively reducing the debt via emails / phone calls etc.)
- Creating reports from Sage for Directors
- Preparing year end quarterly accounts etc.to trial balance
- Liaising with Accountant to run monthly payroll
- VAT Returns
- Managing office / Director expenses
- Assisting with year-end / FCA returns
- Helping with general day to day items
Key skills required:
- Insurance Industry and Sage Line 50 experience essential
- Ability to reconcile accounts where payments split over various insurance companies / currencies
- Prepare quarterly / year end accounts etc. to trial balance
- Ability to create and implement new processes to improve efficiency
- High level of attention to detail
- Self-motivated / confident over telephone and face to face
- Proven track record of continuous improvement
- Focused, logical and creative. A real team player with brilliant problem solving and reconciliation skills.
Full time role but would part time hours for the right candidate. Must own car as out of town location. Free Parking
- Insurance Companies
- Management Accounts
- Marine Insurance
- Year End Accounts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'