Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice sector in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The Group is committed to provide its customers with outstanding service, products and foodservice solutions, its people with a 'great place to work' and its suppliers with a great company to partner.
Owned by Sysco, the world's leading foodservice company, Brakes Group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs. It provides a professional, friendly regional service supported by a national network of depots, which ensures it offers an exceptional and individual service to each and every one of its customers
Finance Analyst (CIMA/ACCA Qualified)
#excellent salary, plus car/car allowance
To provide an appropriate balance of support and challenge to the Distribution Centre management teams to enable them to achieve the business objective of sustainable profitable growth, with key focus on effective operational delivery and high levels of customer service. This role will be supporting our Harlow (predominately), Aylesford and Thetford depots and as a result travelling between the sites on a regular basis will be essential (company car will be provided).
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provision, analysis and interpretation of weekly and monthly reports to enable Distribution Centre performance to be monitored and enhanced
- Production of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Provide weekly flash and monthly forecasts of depot costs and volumes
- Reporting and monitoring of KPIs & volume on a weekly basis
- Close liaison with the Distribution Centre management teams to help identify trends, new opportunities, underperformance and such other issues as may enhance the performance and profitability of the business
- First point of contact for Distribution Centre management teams for Finance related matters
- Assist in the production of robust Budgets and Forecasts
- Ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures to deliver tight financial control
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and queries as required by the Regional Finance Manager, and other senior Regional management
- To identify and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- To plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the department's monthly and financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- To create, develop and maintain accounting spreadsheets used in the Finance function.
- To champion a culture of process improvement and assist with the execution of change programmes
- To maintain departmental MI/SAP systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Ideally qualified or past finalist (e.g. CIMA/ACCA) who is looking to take the next step in their career
- Advanced level MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and have the ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals
- Ability to work alongside various senior stakeholders
- Experience in a fast paced and commercial working environment
- Accomplished interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Experience of a Distribution-based industry is desirable
Here at Brakes Group, we have a simple mission " to help businesses who serve food to thrive. And as we have been serving chefs across the food industry for nearly 60 years, with a business built on quality, reliability, innovation and trust, it's no surprise that we know what we're doing.
And with a culture where everyone works together as one team to be the best we can be, with a real focus on our brilliant people, there is no doubt that we have the right ingredients to make your career a successful one. If you're looking for development we can help you achieve your aspirations. We have clear career paths and learning programmes which will support you at every step of the way. We also have a whole range of Apprenticeships and a Graduate Programme so there really is something for you at every level of your career whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned professional. And being part of Sysco " the Global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products; the opportunities really are endless.
If this isn't enough, we offer a whole realm of fantastic benefits and incentives including
• Discounts on products and services
• Clear career pathways and development
• Excellent rewards and recognition schemes
• Pension plan
• Additional holiday purchase
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.
FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'