Field Engineer (Mitel) 2nd Line
The objective of this role is to provide UC technical skills within the DPS Technical Resource Group for customer support and project delivery for all Daisy business units.
You will have demonstrable experience of delivery and support for MiVB solutions, effectively undertaking MAC and Minor Project work and providing assistance to level 3 & 4 Engineers on larger scale Projects. You will manage your own workload, with the ability to escalate technical issues outside of your ability to Senior Engineers, whilst effectively managing business and customer expectations.
Location: Field-based in South Wales
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Acquire and maintain knowledge and skills within recognised skills disciplines, gaining relevant qualifications
- Subscribe to self-study and attendance of classroom courses
- Add expertise and commitment to new service take on
- Adhere to all Change / Incident / Project Management processes
- Adhere to all job administration processes
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required
- Following defined ITIL Policies and Processes and ISO 270001 Quality procedures
- Be customer facing and able to successfully interact with customers at multiple levels
- Understanding of solution requirements and how they shape solution design
- Validation of SoW - querying missing or incomplete information (MACs)
- Perform solution implementation tasks from the MAC requests
- Undertake Minor Project work (under direction)
- Work as part of a team delivering larger scale Projects under the direction of Level 3 & 4 Engineers
- Test the solution components and overall technology build
- Provide build, integrate and test status updates to interested parties
- Complete relevant and quality documentation to allow for handover to support
- Provide flexibility with support and implementation
- Focused on Mitel 3300/MCD/MiVoice Business, has attended the Mitel I&M Course with demonstrable experience and is qualified / accredited to MCA level
- A good knowledge of the Mitel product portfolio and associated applications (MiCC, IVR, MBG, MiCollab Etc.)
- A good knowledge of IP networking, including IP Addressing, Routing, DHCP and voice trunking including SIP and using Wireshark traces, working towards CCNA level or equivalent
- Good knowledge on data networks is an expectation to trouble shoot layer 2 / layer 3 network switches running VLAN supporting Voice applications, working towards CCNA level or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of virtualised environments. Working with ISS or Virtual environments to deliver and support MCD as per the customer / solution requirements
- Experienced in dealing with ISP’s, Telco’s, PSTN, ISDN and SIP providers and hardware / software Vendors (i.e. Mitel)
- Searches Knowledge bases and product manuals for solutions
- Experienced in Cabling infrastructure and deployment - CAT5, CW1308 etc.
- Understands the requirements for Confidentiality and sensitive information handling of customer data
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strongly focused on customer business needs
- Thrives on researching, implementing new and cutting edge technologies
- Self-Motivated / Autonomous worker
- Team Player
- Quality aware
- Analytical approach
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Technical Skills
- Voice Solutions
- IP Networking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job