We are currently seeking a 2-3 year pqe Family Solicitor or Legal Executive (FILEx) to join our busy client in their Herne Bay location on the Kent coast.
You will be responsible for providing range of family legal services, including pre-marital advice, cohabitation, divorce/separation, financial settlement including Schedule 1 Children Act claims, private children and injunctive proceedings.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct of client matters, including own advocacy
- Compliance with the firm's routine time recording, accounts and administrative disciplines including compliance with Lexcel requirements and orderly file management
- Be a member of Resolution, preferably a mediator, be collaboratively trained and/or have specialist family accreditation(s)
- Play an active role in sustaining and developing the family department by networking and participating in marketing events
- Continual updating of legal knowledge by regularly reading professional publications, contributing family articles and producing topical contributions for use in the firm’s social media
- Attend the Firm’s other offices in order to attend client and departmental meetings and provide cover for other Family solicitors when on holiday or during unforeseen absences.
This role is offered on a part time basis, 21 hours - 3 x full days per week (flexible regards days) ideally or 5 part days
Salary c.£21,000 (£35k FTE)
Ideally you will be a Resolution Member or Law Society Family Accredited (or willing to join)
You do need to be able to attend thier Canterbury and Ashford offices in order to attend client and departmental meetings and provide cover for family solicitors when on holiday/unforeseen circumstances
- Family Law
- Legal Executive
- Matrimonial law
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job