Purpose of the Facilities Manager:
Supporting non-core engineering and facilities services, providing a professional service to the customers’ Site Managers and Account Manager and where applicable working in conjunction with the site Engineering Teams. To provide effective delivery of reactive maintenance and the upkeep of the site facilities, services and infrastructure, ensuring maintenance and statutory compliance of the site assets.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities of theFacilities Manager:
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of electrical installations, pipe work systems and related ancillary equipment providing, hot & cold water, heating, cooling, refrigeration, compressed air waste management services and buildings, etc.
- Continuous review and improvement of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) practices, content and frequency.
- Continuous review and recommending improvements to the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Scheduling, planning and management of reactive and routine maintenance and the inputting of up to date information into the CMMS.
- Ensure root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques are carried out to maximise the efficiency and safety of the depots.
- Ensure safe and efficient plant operational compliance with Client and legislative Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements
- To be available for on-call duty and attend site as necessary when called out, forming part of the company’s escalation process for the client.
- To cover other members of the team during holidays and periods of absence
- Effectively communicate with Client and own Team
- Manage appointed Subcontractors and outsourced Service Providers
- Liaise and engage with Client Account Team, site Stakeholders and any other nominated persons, to prioritise workload and understand business needs.
- To prepare Monthly Reports, schedule and chair Monthly Performance Review Meetings with the Client’s Account Team, site Stakeholders and Service Providers’ Operational Managers.
Requirements of the Facilities Manager:
- Proven contract/technical management experience for engineering/hard services contracts, preferably within the FMCG sector.
- Experience managing planned and reactive work order management systems across multi-site locations.
- Understanding and working knowledge of maintenance regimes, record keeping, auditing requirements, Lock out Tag Out.
- Good working knowledge of Health Safety and Environmental responsibilities, PUWER, LOLER, etc
- Excellent client relationship skills required proven experience with direct client facing skills. Team leading skills, to lead by example.
- Contractor management, commercial and compliance/site monitoring.
- Ability to identify, cost, quote and pull through additional Minor Works
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work flexibly
- Good general computer skills.
- Electrical Qualifications - Installation competence: C&G 2330/2351/2355 or C&G 236 Parts A&B or C&G 2360 Parts 1&2 or C&G 2365 Level 2&3 or 2356 NVQ with a recognised Apprenticeship With Certificate for the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2008 (2382- 12, 15 or 20); for 17th Edition Wiring Regulations Electrical Inspection and Testing: C&G 2391-10 or C&G 2394/2395
- Mechanical engineering competence and experience – Exposure to gas, heating, HVAC systems.
- Legionella L8 management.
- Asbestos Management.
- Experience of food manufacturing &/or distribution industry
- Competence and experience of facilities and utilities services - i.e. compressed air, refrigeration, cooling towers, HVAC, Water Services, Waste Management, Electrical Services, etc
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements / Permit to Work (PTW) procedures
Feel you meet the above criteria of thisFacilities Manager role? Apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'