My client based in South Manchester are looking for an Export Clerk to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. You will be working within a Global organisation who specialise within all areas of transport and logistics.
Your role will be to meet customers requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers to ensure their quotations and traffic requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions
- Liaise with other offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
- Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices
- Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/Shipping department for loading/off loading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration - invoicing, filing, queries, claims, check costs
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers, suppliers and other offices
- Alongside others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport regulations
Hours & Salary:
- Monday to Friday - 9AM to 5PM
- £22,000 - £27,000 (depending on experience)
- Free parking on site
If you feel you would be suited to this role please apply directly or contact Ruby Melling at
Cordant People Manchester for more information.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- air freight
- export clerk
- ocean freight
- sea freight
- road freight
- import clerk