Are you passionate about software development and engineering and the delivery of innovative solutions. We work in a polyglot environment that is inventive and passionate. Interested in learning about Satellite and Geospatial Data and hosted solutions for a range of clients across Government and the private sector? Love developing APIs, web portals, rest interfaces?
Then this is the role for you!
A vacancy for an Object Orientated Programming (OOP) Software Technical Lead has arisen within Airbus Intelligence in Guildford. The role is varied within the Hosting Solutions team and covers Software System Maintenance and Scripting Development, along with Software Development.
As an experienced OOD / OOP Software Technical Lead, you will be championing and leading expertise in selected technologies used and developed by the Hosting Solutions team as well as leading projects alongside other senior team members. You will be working on the complete package of front-end and back-end coding and include Machine to machine (M2M) and Machine-to-Human (M2H). The software will be for a range of industries including insurance, finance, government, education, across the private and public sectors.
Airbus Intelligence is a leading provider of optical and satellite imagery, geographic information products, software and services delivering geographic information solutions into both private and public sector organisations worldwide. We offer a comprehensive product and services portfolio covering the entire geographic information services value chain - data acquisition and processing, imagery analysis and interpretation, hosting and delivery of large datasets, as well as offering GIS development and consultancy. As part of the Hosting Solutions services we provide portals which enable the discovery, view, order and delivery of large volumes of geospatial data. As a Software Technical Lead, your main duties will be:
* Software Engineering - maintaining complex configuration across multiple systems that are critical to service operations.
* Scripting (BASH and Python) - to support operation and deployment.
* Software Development - development of User Interfaces, API and services.
* Modifying, extending or refactoring existing code
* Coding and Developing software from scratch
* Supporting your team (experienced and early-careers) and knowledge sharing
To be successful for the OOD Software Technical Lead role you need to be strong in the Essentials and other technologies will be a positive, but not essential. You will be joining a Polyglot team and this role can be tailored to fit the right person.
Essential skills and experience:
* Strong Java experience
* Windows & Linux (CentOS and Red Hat are currently used, but other Distros are fine)
* Experience with SQL and Bash OR Python
* Distributed application development (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Configuration control (Subversion, Git)
The following skills and experience are desirable and NOT essential:
* Systems Support
* Databases and database management (PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Oracle ODBC, Microsoft SQL Server)
* GIS, Spatial Data and OGC Standards
* ITIL awareness and experience within service management
* Experience in an Applications Support Role, especially Hosted Services with Offsite Systems
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job